The Catching Situation

Legend_Of_Joey

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’m not worried about the catching situation. I think both Catchers have upside with their bats, and nobody runs anymore. Severino is a solid “everyday” Catcher at this point. 

Cisco is not a backup catcher behind the plate. He might have a decent bat, but his glove behind the plate isnt fun to watch.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Cisco is not a backup catcher behind the plate. He might have a decent bat, but his glove behind the plate isnt fun to watch.

Well if they let him wear his usual hat it'd be a lot more fun.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6_ijnIk52rYgTT6i-70K

Seriously folks, what is so hard about Sisco?  It isn't that complicated of a name and to me, his defense isn't any more painful to watch than Severino's lethargy.

5 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

This entire thread kind of seems like debating over whether you should drive the Accord or the Altima when you have a Porsche coming in on back order.

It's not on back order, its in.   You are debating whether to drive the accord or the Altima when you pick it up....

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Seriously folks, what is so hard about Sisco?  It isn't that complicated of a name and to me, his defense isn't any more painful to watch than Severino's lethargy.

If you work in the tech industry, it's hard not to spell it Cisco.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Oh look, another "manipulating playing time" jab by CoC.  

And here I was thinking I needed to edit it to say don't feel like paying for the insurance but turns out it wasn't necessary for you to get the point, and if you can get the point, anyone can.  ?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Did you see where he was mocking people for not getting "correct answers from people for the easy stuff" on the last page?

Isn't it ironic, don't ya think?

No, I can't do 8 pages of talking about Sisco/Severino and whatever quad A guy that looked good in ST that wildcard is fawning over when we all know AR is the only thing that matters.  I just hit the 9th page cause I was bored and wanted to see what you dolts were up to.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Ive said it before. I mean no disrespect. I work daily in the IT field and with hundreds of CISCO manufacture devices, so my fingers are trained by the repetition of typing that over and over.

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

No, I can't do 8 pages of talking about Sisco/Severino and whatever quad A guy that looked good in ST that wildcard is fawning over when we all know AR is the only thing that matters.  I just hit the 9th page cause I was bored and wanted to see what you dolts were up to.  

Lol...it really is a silly conversation.

Who cares who is the catcher right now?  People still don’t seem to understand the Orioles don’t want to win and don’t care about winning.  

The only thing that matters is that we should be set at C for a long time.

18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Did you see where he was mocking people for not getting "correct answers from people for the easy stuff" on the last page?

Isn't it ironic, don't ya think?

Im not sure mocking is the correct term, but whom I am to disagree with you. 

I dont think there is anything that I can say,  you wont jab at, chew up, or correct me on.

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Who cares who is the catcher right now?  People still don’t seem to understand the Orioles don’t want to win and don’t care about winning.  

I will say...I do care to a certain extent when I see Severino have a pitch go through his legs that should have been blocked.  It's tough to watch sometimes.  

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Good catching is good for the development of our pitchers, which is an in-progress objective long before Rutschman's arrival. And there is no guarantee he won't be a big disappointment anyway.

• Upvote 1