Gunnar Henderson 2021

Just Regular

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Was able to pull Delmarva data from there and reverse engineer Aberdeen.   If my numbers are correct, Gunnar is hitting .192/.342/.376 at Aberdeen.   On the road in HiA he’s hitting .270/.336/.450.   Interesting how often he walks when playing at Aberdeen.   Maybe because he knows that fly balls are just going to die, so he’s more patient?

That would be an incredibly advanced approach for a young hitter facing the best pitching of his life. However, if it's proven true, wow.

35 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Possible but more likely it’s just a coincidence based on a SSS.

Even though I’m the one who threw out the hypothesis of Henderson being more selective at home due to the hitting environment there, I agree this is the more likely scenario.  Still, the pattern is pretty striking:

11 home games, 12 walks

12 road games, 3 walks

11 home games, 9 walks

6 road games, 1 walk

11 home games, 3 walks

7 road games, 5 walks 

4 home games, 4 walks

1 road game, 0 walks  

That’s 28 walks in 37 games at home, 9 walks in 26 games on the road since he joined Aberdeen.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Well this is surprising 

I guess that answers the question of where he will start next year!

I suppose they did this because Bowie is in the final week of a playoff race and could use an extra infield bat.   I won’t be surprised if he mostly just comes off the bench this week, but you never know.   

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I guess that answers the question of where he will start next year!

I suppose they did this because Bowie is in the final week of a playoff race and could use an extra infield bat.   I won’t be surprised if he mostly just comes off the bench this week, but you never know.   

Could also be an injury or another promotion we don’t know about yet.