Adam Plutko acquired in trade

eddie83

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It’s going to be real hard not to put him in the rotation.  He looks good. It’s him vs Lopez now. If an injury happens Plutko is definitely in the rotation. 

I’m not sure Lopez wouldn’t be better in a a long relief role anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It’s going to be real hard not to put him in the rotation.  He looks good. It’s him vs Lopez now. If an injury happens Plutko is definitely in the rotation. 

Plutko's history as a starter in not that good.   If there is an injury I think Lowther is next man up.

• 2 weeks later...

o

(vs. MARLINS, 4/20)

Plutko inherited a real mess tonight (bases loaded with nobody out), and taking that into consideration, I believe that he did a reasonably good job getting out of the inning with the Orioles still clinging to a 1-run lead. Armstrong had just walked 2 out of the 3 batters that he faced (with the other batter reaching on a single), and Plutko immediately started throwing strikes ...... 15 out of the 16 pitches that he threw in the mess of an inning that he inherited were strikes. Then he struck out the first batter of the next inning on only 4 more pitches. His finally tally was: )))20 Pitches )(18 )Strikes, )2 )Balls.)

o

• Upvote 1

o

(vs. ATHLETICS, 4/25)

After John Means ceded his 3 Walk of the game, the Athletics had 1 out and a runner on 1st base in the top of the 7th inning. The Orioles were up by a score of 3-1. Plutko came in and retired both batters that he faced on 10 pitches to preserve the team's 2-run cushion.

o