Sanchez DFA’d: Flurry of moves could be just the beginning

eddie83

6 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I wish Elias had full control on keeping Davis on the roster, because I'm sure he would be out the door with quickness.  At least Davis has this "severe injury" that might linger all season.

Anyone happen to know if the O's insured Davis's contract such that if he misses a season for medical reasons they get the money back?

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

2b/3B Greg Garcia was released.   Elias may be interested'  He has a .354 career OBP.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/garcigr01.shtml?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-

He hit worse than Sanchez did this spring and is older. I think Elias would just go with Valaika or Urias before him.

Yea that’s surprising...maybe they don’t like what they are seeing from him defensively or, at the very least, don’t think the defense is good enough to carry a bat that they think sucks.

Plutko has some pretty awful numbers and is coming from a team that has done a great job developing pitching, so I don’t think he is anyone to get too excited about.

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

His career OBP may override his numbers this spring.  Just guessing.

Since 2018, Garcia has slashed .234/.337/.326/.664  with no pop. 
Since 18, Sanchez has slashed .247/.314 /.353/.667 with GG defense in 2019. 

If they don't want Sanchez, I don't see them wanting Garcia.

• Upvote 1

A player cut between the 16th day and the end of Spring Training is owed 45 days' termination pay (based on the prorated version of his agreed-upon arbitration salary). The arbitration salary becomes guaranteed if the player is on the 25-man roster when the season begins.

• Upvote 1