The second guessing Hyde thread.

Moose Milligan

Brandon fell asleep in the 7th innings and didn't wake up until it was 5-0.

He said he was saving the pen but what for?  He had Voth, Akin, Coulombe and Bautista in a 2-0 game in the 7th.   

Tomorrow everyone in the pen will be available except Akin who might be replaced by Givens.

• Upvote 1

The fact they aren't using Voth seems to me to be an indicator that he will be DFA when Tate and Givens are both ready to return. It's either that, or they are trying to keep him as close to 5 days rest as they can (I guess if he's got to go 5 innings, but they never leave him in there more than 2 innings so that idea seems to be moot.)

I vote for Akin off the island when Givens is ready.   He had a great first half last year.   Not too good ever since and I believe he can be optioned.  Let him take Krehbiel’s spot at  Norfolk.

31 minutes ago, wildcard said:

He said he was saving the pen but what for?  He had Voth, Akin, Coulombe and Bautista in a 2-0 game in the 7th.   

Tomorrow everyone in the pen will be available except Akin who might be replaced by Givens.

I agree that he went a bit too long with Gibson but I have no problem going with Akin there.   He just didn’t get it done, again.

8 hours ago, wildcard said:

No off day until a week from today. Play last game in KC today. Three at Atlanta then TB home for 3. 

8 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I agree that he went a bit too long with Gibson but I have no problem going with Akin there.   He just didn’t get it done, again.

Yes, the offense still needs to score. They didn't. It is good that we didn't burn our bullpen arms in a game we still would have lost.  Bullpen usage has been a concern raised in this thread.

9 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

There is absolutely no excuse for Hyde to play Santander in the OF on a day when Rutschman isn't DHing. And it cost us two runs this time. 

https://twitter.com/RoberthEperez17/status/1654202964129587201?s=20

Rutschman is DHing. 

And that play’s not on Santander. No matter who’s in RF you can’t assume they’ll bring that HR back. 

12 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

There is absolutely no excuse for Hyde to play Santander in the OF on a day when Rutschman isn't DHing. And it cost us two runs this time. 

LOL.  Maybe Grayson shouldn't let the other team hit the ball over the fence before we worry about the defense.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Hays is injured, and McKenna sucks. Hard to tell from that angle, did it really go off his glove? 

14 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Hays is injured, and McKenna sucks. Hard to tell from that angle, did it really go off his glove? 

It may have tipped the tip of his glove.  He timed his jump right.  He doesn’t have much of a vertical leap.  It’s on GRod.