Cody Sedlock 2021

Legend_Of_Joey

30 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Call him up, why not. Need to figure out if we should protect him against rule 5

Not sure that a smattering of innings in 3 weeks with the ML club is going to influence that decision. His body of work in the minors for 2021 should give them all they need.   

It has been interesting to see how Sedlock has developed this year. After being unprotected for two R5 drafts, he may have changed the organization’s perspective on him. 

I wonder if the organizational focus on 4 seam with hop up in the zone now changed with the sticky stuff crackdown. If so, perhaps he now benefits from it. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/12/2021 at 7:55 AM, Frobby said:

It shouldn’t, and I don’t think it does.  

I'd like to think that, but when you add Mattson to the 40-man roster and leave off Pop, it's hard not to come to the conclusion that he likes his guys because of some metric tells him they have the best chance to succeed. 

As for Sedlock, his changeup has really become a plus pitch for him and he can throw it against righties and lefties. His breaking stuff still needs to improve, but he will be interesting decision come 40-man roster time. considering the flotsam and jetsam on the current 40-man roster, there should be ample space after the season.

• Tony-OH changed the title to Cody Sedlock 2021
1 hour ago, interloper said:

Yeah, I'm much more interested in how Sedlock looks at the ML level than a guy like Hanhold. 

Sedlock is only 3 AAA starts removed from a 4.60 ERA in Bowie.   I'm more curious to see how he finishes the season at Norfolk.   Let Wells, Lowther, and Akin take their lumps and finish the season in the rotation.