Jordan Westburg 2021

UMDTerrapins

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Westburg finished the season by hitting .362/.412/.638 over the final 11 games.   His final line for Bowie was .232/.323/.429.    

The final numbers obviously aren't very good, but the finish to the season showed he made some adjustments. Always good to see guys finish strong. 

1 hour ago, waroriole said:

And it was the only hit the whole game. 

Indeed.   Battenfield maybe should have thrown a few more warmup pitches - he could have had a run at a perfect game.

Nothing much to report otherwise - Westburg got the SS position tonight, with Grenier to 2B.   

A whiteboard I noticed walking out after the game had Drew Rom listed as the Game 3 starter for Friday.

Now 24-48 hours of Grayson hopefully not having weather disrupt his process, but he'll need some good luck with that.

8 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

Indeed.   Battenfield maybe should have thrown a few more warmup pitches - he could have had a run at a perfect game.

Nothing much to report otherwise - Westburg got the SS position tonight, with Grenier to 2B.   

A whiteboard I noticed walking out after the game had Drew Rom listed as the Game 3 starter for Friday.

Now 24-48 hours of Grayson hopefully not having weather disrupt his process, but he'll need some good luck with that.

major-league.gif

10 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

That’s why I would have started Grayson last night, working on his normal 6 days’ rest.   But it might not have mattered to the outcome given how well Battenfield pitched.   

56 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That’s why I would have started Grayson last night, working on his normal 6 days’ rest.   But it might not have mattered to the outcome given how well Battenfield pitched.   

True. Hindsight says with Battenfield pitching like that we weren’t going to win anyways. It would have taken a no hitter to beat him. I hope GR is pitching tonight. 

Another HR for Westburg. He’s had a heck of a season.