Monday in Cleveland

Gurgi

14 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

DJ Stewart reminds me of the quote I believe was aimed towards Luis Polonia...

"If you hit 100 flyballs to Luis Polonia you could write a book about it... called Catch 22"

I coached my son's 14-16 year-old travel baseball team when he was that age.  I got very adept with the fungo.  I could place a ball in that Bermuda triangle behind first base and watch the !b, 2B, and RF try and catch that ball.  I got to where I could put the ball pretty much where I wanted with that bat.  Now it just gathers dust in my garage.  

• Upvote 1

In honor of DJ, here is a pretty good article on the worst fielders in MLB history.  

https://www.stadiumtalk.com/s/worst-mlb-defensive-players-ea1694ada4234c8f

Best quote:

“It's tough to separate Derek Jeter from his place as one of the worst defensive shortstops of all time — statistically — because he won five Gold Gloves and his hustle play in the 2001 ALCS against the A's is one of the greatest defensive plays of all time.”

But the numbers don't lie. Jeter has the worst Total Zone Runs allowed of any MLB player, ever, with a staggering -186 runs allowed.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Remind me: Severino is on the the am because he .  .  .

He can't catch or throw or hit, so it can't be any of those.

I have been saying for months that he is garbage and should be cut(actually never said it so bluntly but am now).  He was smiling going into the dugout after hitting into that double play.  Why are they still marching him out there practically every game?  No one is going to trade for him, he is hurting the pitchers and the rest of the team with his D, I have come to the point that I cant even stand watching him and get very unhappy at seeing him or hearing his name.  It is unhealthy really.  

14 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Stewart is the guy that opposing teams try to hit to.  He's like that guy that shows up to the slow-pitch softball game wearing blue jeans.  Everyone tries to hit to that guy.

1-There was rain and the turf is soft

2-Mancini should be traded so Mountcastle can be at 1B and Stewart at DH

3-Severino is the worst

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1