Sisco DFA’ed

Legend_Of_Joey

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Lol

Just now, glenn__davis said:

My goodness.  This team just refuses to allow the fans any remote excitement.

Bradish last pitched on Saturday the 12th and would have slotted quite nicely into Zimmerman's start. We get Eshelman........sigh. 

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm saying he made the majors.  He's played parts of five season in the majors to date.

That's not what a second round bust looks like.

Its been great for Sisco but you could argue he hasnt really been an asset to the team. 0.0 WAR in 191 games. Cody Bellinger was available in the 4th round, but not much else between him and the Sisco pick. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, jabba72 said:

Its been great for Sisco but you could argue he hasnt really been an asset to the team. 0.0 WAR in 191 games. Cody Bellinger was available in the 4th round, but not much else between him and the Sisco pick. 

By second round pick standards he's done pretty well.  Far from bust.

A second round bust doesn't get out of short season ball.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

By second round pick standards he's done pretty well.  Far from bust.

A second round bust doesn't get out of short season ball.

Examining the Percentage of MLB Draft Picks Who Reach the Major Leagues

After the first round, each subsequent round features a significant dropoff in the chances of reaching the major leagues.

For those players drafted in the second round of the draft, the chances of reaching the major leagues drops to 49 percent.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think Frobby posted once that a pretty significant group that make the majors spend very little time there.

So a five year (at least) career isn't bad at all.

I know most fans wanted Sisco to turn into a good hitting catcher with perhaps mediocre defense, but in terms of a baseball career Sisco did better than the majority of second round draft picks. 

Sorry that Sisco didn't have more success. I remember Tony attempting to dampen the enthusiasm about Sisco's abilities several years ago. Unfortunately for Sisco Tony's evaluation was basically spot on. I'm sure Sisco could bounce around the minor leagues and probably even get a few cups of coffee in the majors in the future, but hopefully Chance has been smart with his money because the shot at a relatively big pay day has almost certainly passed. Good luck to him. 

• Upvote 1