Sisco DFA’ed

Legend_Of_Joey

32 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Several times you said that I or others don't care about defense as long as the C hits above average. That is not what I said and I think everyone here would agree defense matters. The question is how much and whether Pedro hits enough to be worth it. 

The quotes that you shared from me neither refute my point nor are contradictory. you just said yourself, “the question is how much and whether Pedro hits enough to be worth it”

I never specifically mentioned anyone by name and even my direct comment to you was,” Your point SEEMS TO BE THAT IF HE IS HITTING WELL ENOUGH….” Which you just confirmed in your own comment, which is whether Severino hits well enough to be worth his defense, which is exactly the attitude I inferred.

The comments that I am referencing claim that Severino’s offense-and Sisco’s as well-was sufficient to compensate for the defense. I always responded the same”no it doesn’t, league-average bedamned.”  
I do not think anybody is making those arguments anymore, for which God be praised, but they certainly did.

18 minutes ago, Philip said:

The quotes that you shared from me neither refute my point nor are contradictory. you just said yourself, “the question is how much and whether Pedro hits enough to be worth it”

We all understand your argument. The quotes I shared were examples of straw man arguments you were attributing to myself or others. 

6 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

What can Severino do that Sisco can't?

He hablas. I think the only reason he is still here is his salary, but he is certainly more athletic than Chance. Maybe, the hope is that he regains the approach he had in the first month of 2020. Maybe it is just for some form of continuity. I was once a fan of Pedro, but that seems like a long time ago. 

1 minute ago, Robh21223 said:

Do you call up Adley and Grayson in September to give the fans something to look forward to? Build a little excitement for the talent that's coming?

I would be shocked if they call up either one. That service time thing.

1 minute ago, Robh21223 said:

Even if it's like the last 20 games of the year?

Yep. I am not saying your idea is bad, just that they will likely not do it. Especially not Grayson, or any other young pitcher. 

Catching wise, I think they want to get a strong look at Ciuffo and Cumberland. I can see either one, or both, coming up this year. If Severino does not pick it up soon, he'll join Sisco as a DFA. Who knows, maybe Adley somehow forces their hand, but there is no advantage in his development to come up. 

1 minute ago, Jammer7 said:

Yep. I am not saying your idea is bad, just that they will likely not do it. Especially not Grayson, or any other young pitcher. 

Catching wise, I think they want to get a strong look at Ciuffo and Cumberland. I can see either one, or both, coming up this year. If Severino does not pick it up soon, he'll join Sisco as a DFA. Who knows, maybe Adley somehow forces their hand, but there is no advantage in his development to come up. 

I don't agree.