Shortest Orioles books, 2021 version

Moose Milligan

25 minutes ago, Philip said:

“How to have success in the rule five draft”, by Mike Elias.

With a special introduction by Zach Pop

Though the two have nothing to do with each other, Wells has been better. Significantly so. There’s only so many spots to hide guys, and Twins were very high on Wells, but coming off TWO SEASONS without pitching because of TJ and covid bs, they assumed he was less likely to be taken. They are regretting it now big time. But that’s baseball. And that’s why the Rule 5 exists, so you can’t have 10 other hidden major league guys in addition to your 40 man. Pop has a 5.67 ERA and a 1.30 whip, so it’s not like we lost Jacob deGrom. 

4 hours ago, 27outs said:

Though the two have nothing to do with each other, Wells has been better. Significantly so. There’s only so many spots to hide guys, and Twins were very high on Wells, but coming off TWO SEASONS without pitching because of TJ and covid bs, they assumed he was less likely to be taken. They are regretting it now big time. But that’s baseball. And that’s why the Rule 5 exists, so you can’t have 10 other hidden major league guys in addition to your 40 man. Pop has a 5.67 ERA and a 1.30 whip, so it’s not like we lost Jacob deGrom. 

Yeah I know, no argument at all, and I’m delighted to have Wells. The point is that Elias Chose to keep multiple guys(over Pop)Who didn’t even make it to spring training before being designated.

hmmmm that’s not much better. Should have worded it more clearly.

Edited by Philip

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Yeah I know, no argument at all, and I’m delighted to have Wells. The point is that Elias Chose to keep multiple guys over Pop Who didn’t even make it to spring training before being designated.

Now that is a valid point for which I have zero explanation. LOL

26 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

He wasn’t designated, he was traded. 

Misunderstood me I didn’t say that Zack Pop was traded, I meant that he was left exposed to the rule five well other guys were kept over him who were themselves designated before spring training, guys like Ashton Goudeau., should have used better punctuation. Read it again.

35 minutes ago, Philip said:

Misunderstood me I didn’t say that Zack Pop was traded, I meant that he was left exposed to the rule five well other guys were kept over him who were themselves designated before spring training, guys like Ashton Goudeau., should have used better punctuation. Read it again.

Got it. I’ll try not being tired next time I read something.

A Tale of Two Cities by the OH.  Authored under the Pen Name Dr. Jeckle N. Hyde

Part 1:  The Best of times.  Studies the rebuild by it's excellent GM, Mike Elias, and his crackerjack team fully supported by the Angelos sons.  Slightly behind schedule due to Covid 19 but with the roaring development train thundering down the track bringing massive talent to Baltimore  by 2022.  Not returning to the Oriole Way, but building a better Oriole Way.

Part 2:  The Worst of times.  Studies the imbecilic machinations of a GM who squanders talent and recklessly fields a team of losers on purpose with no attempt to win or improve.  Working in tangent with the sons of Peter Angelos screwing middling talent out of ML money all because we don't want any clocks starting as long as one Chris Davis is still on payroll. The current belief is that we are in year 4 or 5 of the next 14 year period of darkness (depending on Covid) and the 20 game road losing streak simply proves it.  This team will next win once it is at home in Nashville.

Part 3:  The first rule of Fight Club...

Or you could just read the book(OH). It's riveting.