Troubling Trevor Bauer assault allegations

jabba72

https://www.breitbart.com/news/judge-denies-woman-restraining-order-against-dodgers-bauer/

A Los Angeles judge sided with Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer and denied a restraining order to a woman who said he choked her into unconsciousness and punched her repeatedly during two sexual encounters

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Los Angeles judge sided with Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer on Thursday and denied a five-year restraining order requested by a woman who said he choked her into unconsciousness and punched her repeatedly during two sexual encounters.

In denying the civil domestic violence restraining order after a four-day hearing, Judge Dianna Gould-Saltman said that according to the 27-year-old San Diego woman’s testimony, Bauer honored her boundaries when she set them. And she said Bauer couldn’t know the boundaries she didn’t express to him.

“We consider in a sexual encounter that when a woman says no she should be believed,” Gould-Saltman said, “so what should we do when she says yes?”

3 hours ago, Gurgi said:

Bauer will probably pitch later this year.  I can see pressure building to let him back as the story by the woman seemingly has lots of holes in it. 

The judge basically said “she asked for it” and denied the restraining order on the basis that there was no reason to think he’d approach her without her consent.   While I think the “she asked for it” part could be debatable, the facts certainly indicate there’s no reason to think he’ll approach her without her consent.  And protection against that threat is why you have restraining orders.   They’re not punishment for past wrongdoings, they’re protection against credible threats of future harm.   

My impression is that Bauer is a very sick puppy and the woman also has severe problems.    I don’t think the denial of the restraining order will necessarily lead to his reinstatement.   

• 5 months later...
21 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Doesn't change the fact that Trevor Bauer is a gross dude.  I'm not sure what MLB will do with their "investigation" but probably nothing.  I mean, Bauer seems to be the type of dude that'd sue MLB if they tried to suspend him for anything since the DA's office wouldn't follow through.  

I think the civil case is probably more important to MLB’s thinking, since civil cases don’t have a “beyond a reasonable doubt” standard.   The judge’s findings there, even though only preliminary, will make it difficult for MLB to take action.  I’ll be surprised if Bauer isn’t cleared to play.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2021 at 10:39 PM, Gurgi said:

Bauer will probably pitch later this year.  I can see pressure building to let him back as the story by the woman seemingly has lots of holes in it. 

They’ve had sufficient time to make a decision, what’s another week going to do?    They should s*&@ or get off the pot!

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I agree.

I guess their argument is that due to the lockout they couldn't take action?

They certainly could have done everything but sign whatever decision they’ve made.    

My guess is that they want the media to focus on the feel-good “baseball is back” stories after 100 days of angst and negative press, without a lot of headlines about another negative story.   

On 3/12/2022 at 8:22 AM, Frobby said:

They certainly could have done everything but sign whatever decision they’ve made.    

My guess is that they want the media to focus on the feel-good “baseball is back” stories after 100 days of angst and negative press, without a lot of headlines about another negative story.   

I think the last thing MLB wants is to have this creep get all the headlines. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bauer suing The Athletic for defamation.

Specifically, he says that they printed an article that said a woman Bauer had been with had a fractured skull even though The Athletic was in possession of medical scans that were negative for a skull fracture.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trevor-bauer-sues-athletic-former-writer-sexual-assault-allegation-rcna22092