2021 Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

You guys know Elias probably has 20x more information than all the prospect websites, right?

Although it certainly remains to be seen whether this was a good or bad pic, I will remind you that all the information in the world does no good if you make a bad decision.

2 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

You guys know Elias probably has 20x more information than all the prospect websites, right?

I doubt the gulf is that large actually.

Those websites have a lot of smart folks working for them and they are not without resources.

Lots of folks want to work in baseball.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I doubt the gulf is that large actually.

Those websites have a lot of smart folks working for them and they are not without resources.

Lots of folks want to work in baseball.

It might not be. But it's big enough that I'm done assuming any GM who didn't pick based on them screwed up.

Don't those places get lots of second-hand information and maybe see the players once?

11 minutes ago, Philip said:

Your point is valid but Kjrrsted and Baumler are already down with vague return dates, so the choice hasn’t panned out yet. And we still need a good SS.

Well, Elias didn't block my favorite angle for that particular position for say the 2022-2028 range that perhaps exactly matches Adley Rutschman's seasons of club control.