2021 Draft Thread

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Elias is either going to win big or be one and done as a GM.  He's got guts, I'll give him that.

Pish and posh.  Elias should have enough money in the bank to set his family up for awhile, he could get fired tomorrow and never have to work a day in his life again if he's set everything up correctly.  

We see GMs fail upwards all the time.  Even if he doesn't get another GM job, he'll still be wanted somewhere.  Even as a talking head on MLB network doing draft analysis.  

He doesn't have guts.  He'll be fine no matter what.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I wanted a HS SS but this guy walks more than he strikes out.  There's nothing wrong with that.

I wonder if Kjerstad wasn't having his health issues if they'd make this pick.

So Elias compounded last year's failure by committing another one?  Awesome.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Same as last year, under slot, spend more later.

But we didn’t need another outfielder. We have lots of guys from whom to choose. I was thinking they might take McLain in an under slot move But why choose the one position that you already have in at least quantity if not quality? I’m no expert but I sure agree with the folks who are unhappy, and some of them are experts.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I've said it before, you can't be the smartest guy in the room picking chalk.

Elias is either going to win big or be one and done as a GM.  He's got guts, I'll give him that.

Lots of stupid people do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I've said it before, you can't be the smartest guy in the room picking chalk.

He is putting a target on his back. If this fails it impacts his future. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Pish and posh.  Elias should have enough money in the bank to set his family up for awhile, he could get fired tomorrow and never have to work a day in his life again if he's set everything up correctly.  

We see GMs fail upwards all the time.  Even if he doesn't get another GM job, he'll still be wanted somewhere.  Even as a talking head on MLB network doing draft analysis.  

He doesn't have guts.  He'll be fine no matter what.

I understand what you are saying but I'm looking at it from a different angle so I'll stay with my statement even if I acknowledge your point also has merit.

• Upvote 1