What is your top 10 with the draft now in the books?

Sports Guy

For me, I slot them this way:

1) Adley

2) GRod

3) Hall

4) Gunnar

5) Cowser

6) Westburg

7) Bradish

8. Norby

9) Haskin

10) Trimble

I have Trimble at 10 right now because of his upside (and maybe can play the IF) and because Vavra has been hurt, Jones may not have a position and Baumann is still not looking like the guy he did prior to the injury.  

Any of those guys, especially Baumann, could pass Trimble if they get healthy and rolling.

Note:  Kjerstad would slot 5th for me if he was playing.  For right now, I’m not ranking him.

• Like 1

I think I’d still slot Baumann 8th ahead of Norby.   He’s rounded back into form his last couple of starts and his velo seems to be returning.   I’d have to think about who I’d choose in the 10 spot, but I don’t think I’d have Trimble there.   I think I’d go with Drew Rom.  

I think I would have Vavra higher than Trimble. Injury shouldn't really hurt his prospect status. Seems like similar upside but already has some success through AA.

Is Kjerstad N/A or off your list? I would still have him in our Top 10 until we learn more about what's going on with him. 

The more I see of Westburg the higher I am on him. Even though he is #2 pick he has middle infield upside and has minors success through A+, looks ready for AA. I don't think I would trade him for Cowser if he was offered today.

1. Rutschman

2. Rodriguez

3. Hall

4. Kjerstad

5. Gunnar

6. Westburg

7. Cowser

8. Baumann

9. Bradish

10. Vavra

11. Norby

12. Haskin

13. Trimble

• Like 1

1. Adley

2. Grayrod

3. Henderson

4. Hall

5. Kjerstad

6. Cowser

7. Westburg 

8. Bradish

9. Baumann 

10. Stowers

I’m big on Gunnar and though I believe Hall is an elite prospect he does have high future reliever risk imo. On pure ability Kjerstad belongs in the top 5 so that’s why he’s there though I think he’s easily out of the top 10 if he’s not fully up to speed by spring training. I don’t think Stowers will hit for as high an average as he is now, but after watching a lot of him this year, I think he can play center adequately/be a plus corner, get on base at a high clip and hit for serious power. That’s actually a valuable profile and I think he’s underrated here.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I think I would have Vavra higher than Trimble. Injury shouldn't really hurt his prospect status. Seems like similar upside but already has some success through AA.

Is Kjerstad N/A or off your list? I would still have him in our Top 10 until we learn more about what's going on with him. 

The more I see of Westburg the higher I am on him. Even though he is #2 pick he has middle infield upside and has minors success through A+, looks ready for AA. I don't think I would trade him for Cowser if he was offered today.

1. Rutschman

2. Rodriguez

3. Hall

4. Kjerstad

5. Gunnar

6. Westburg

7. Cowser

8. Baumann

9. Bradish

10. Vavra

11. Norby

12. Haskin

13. Trimble

The thing is, Vavra has still had limited amount of at bats in AA.

I don’t disagree with your premise but for right now, I will take the upside of Trimble over the SSS of Vavra in the upper minors.  

11 minutes ago, LTO's said:

1. Adley

2. Grayrod

3. Henderson

4. Hall

5. Kjerstad

6. Cowser

7. Westburg 

8. Bradish

9. Baumann 

10. Stowers

I’m big on Gunnar and though I believe Hall is an elite prospect he does have high future reliever risk imo. On pure ability Kjerstad belongs in the top 5 so that’s why he’s there though I think he’s easily out of the top 10 if he’s not fully up to speed by spring training. I don’t think Stowers will hit for as high an average as he is now, but after watching a lot of him this year, I think he can play center adequately/be a plus corner, get on base at a high clip and hit for serious power. That’s actually a valuable profile and I think he’s underrated here.

Almost went Gunnar over Hall for the same reasons and I may go Gunnar in the offseason, need to see how they each finish out.  

I love Hall. Have always had him over Rodriguez. I think his ceiling is enormous, but he is more risky as well for sure. I think Rodriguez does have the higher floor. I think Hall could be anything from yearly CY contender to fringe stater depending on how much he can improve command. 

3 hours ago, LTO's said:

1. Adley

2. Grayrod

3. Henderson

4. Hall

5. Kjerstad

6. Cowser

7. Westburg 

8. Bradish

9. Baumann 

10. Stowers

Too many Ks for Stowers. I don’t see him being able to hit upper level pitching based on what he’s done this year. 79 Ks in 238 PA and he’s not even at AA.