Your 2022 FA Wish List

Il BuonO

35 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I would rather pay Scherzer or Greinke big money.  I don't want Kershaw because he can't stay healthy and Verlander is coming back from arm injury (Tommy John?).

Greinke is about done.  He makes zero sense for our park and our division.

• Upvote 1

On 10/2/2021 at 8:13 PM, OriolesMagic83 said:

I think Gausman will be well out of the O's range.  6 years.$150 mill+ wouldn't surprise.  In the SP free agent market, nothing surprises me. 

20 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I would rather pay Scherzer or Greinke big money.  I don't want Kershaw because he can't stay healthy and Verlander is coming back from arm injury (Tommy John?).

So, Gausman will be out of their range at the numbers you quoted, but I think that’s off. He started off hot, but his second half wasn’t as good. In any case, even five years of Gausman gives me pause. 

Verlander, otoh may be head rather cheaply (I don’t mean cheap) comparatively. It would still be a big splash, but he was still pumping 95 mph FBs before he hit the IL. 

Scherzer, like Greinke before him (think the FA version signed by the Dodgers) is the only one who makes me covetous. 

It’s a lot of money for any of them. Whereas Stroman (who I like a lot), can probably be had on a reasonable deal. 

20 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Stroman or Rodriguez should be signed, assuming you don’t have to sign them for 6 or more years.

I'd be good with either of them. I'd also be fine with DeSclafani or even Jon Gray. I agree we need to get a mid-rotation starter to pair with Means and, eventually, Grayson Rodriguez. We need to start building the rotation. This would give us answers in 3 of the 5 spots, leaving the last two to Baumann, Zimermann, Akin, Kremer, Wells, Lowther, etc. They can battle it out and do some piggy-backing. With only 2 question marks in the rotation, instead of four, it makes it a bit easier for the bullpen. It still won't be a good pitching staff in 2022, but it should at least be a bit less embarrassing and a step in the right direction. That's what we need now. 

I would LOVE to add a starter and a key offensive piece (Correa or Bryant, etc), but we at least have Westburg, Henderson, Mayo, etc. on the horizon making a pitcher a MUCH bigger need.