Rutschman to Norfolk

Frobby

4 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Just don't bring him up to the bigs this year. No point wasting service time on a team that is going nowhere. 

You know that is probably the correct business decision but as a fan I don't give a hoot about service time.  I want to see the best baseball players playing on the major league team.  This is probably especially the correct decision given the fact that there is going to be a new CBA but again as a fan I don't care.  I think the system is broken.  

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, accinfo said:

You know that is probably the correct business decision but as a fan I don't give a hoot about service time.  I want to see the best baseball players playing on the major league team.  This is probably especially the correct decision given the fact that there is going to be a new CBA but again as a fan I don't care.  I think the system is broken.  

The system is definitely broken. Hopefully the new CBA ties free agency to age (say 30 for college draftees, 29 for high school draftees) rather than years and he can start next Opening Day with the O's.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Jagwar said:

Just don't bring him up to the bigs this year. No point wasting service time on a team that is going nowhere. 

I think that's a consideration, but I think adding him (or not adding him) to the 40-man is as big a consideration.  To be honest I haven't looked yet at who all we need to add this offseason but I know there's at least a few legitimate prospects that need to be added.  Though I'm also sure there are a few at the back end of the 40-man that could probably be jettisoned with little concern.

• Upvote 1