Per Roch, more promotions coming

Legend_Of_Joey

17 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Excellent news!    I have some real interest in checking the Delmarva box scores again.   :)

Really interested to see how Westburg and Mundy handle AA pitching.

Yeah I’ve been ignoring Delmarva for a while now. Now all four levels will have players of interest, with Aberdeen being the least interesting now. 

So if I have this right:

14 players from FCL to Delmarva

8 players from Delmarva to Aberdeen 

6 players from Aberdeen to Bowie

2 players from Bowie to Norfolk

Unless there was roster space for some reason, I assume that means we’ve cut 6 players from Delmarva, 2 players from Aberdeen, 4 from Bowie and 2 from Norfolk.    Do we have any idea who they are?

3 minutes ago, Matt Bennett said:

Sedlock and Blaine Knight both bombed their last outings. Knight has given up 18 runs in his last 15 innings. 

Sink or swim. Neither look like they have the stamina to remain starters to me but could be bullpen pieces.

10 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Promotions that make sense given the fallout,

MLB - Leyba 3B(sink or swim), Franco DFA

AAA - Grenier(Everyday SS), Dorrian(Everday 3B)

Welk and Bannon move into reserve roles or fight for ABs at UTIL/DH. 

Leyba has already sank. Here and in Arizona.

I would like to see Grenier get every day ABs at SS, which is unlikely with Westburg at Bowie. 

4 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Leyba has already sank. Here and in Arizona.

I would like to see Grenier get every day ABs at SS, which is unlikely with Westburg at Bowie. 

Leyba’s only 25 and has a career .901 OPS in AAA over 600 PA. He also missed all of last year with and injury/suspension. We don’t have a 3B prospect anywhere near the MLB in the minors. You at least run him out there and see what you have. His 120 PA in the MLB are a SSS. 

Grenier should get the promotion to AAA and be their everyday SS. Valaika and McCoy should not be blocking him. 

16 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Leyba’s only 25 and has a career .901 OPS in AAA over 600 PA. He also missed all of last year with and injury/suspension. We don’t have a 3B prospect anywhere near the MLB in the minors. You at least run him out there and see what you have. His 120 PA in the MLB are a SSS. 

Grenier should get the promotion to AAA and be their everyday SS. Valaika and McCoy should not be blocking him. 

I agree Valaika and McCoy shouldn't be blocking him, but I can't say I have a ton of confidence that Grenier can top McCoy's .698 OPS at Norfolk. 

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So if I have this right:

14 players from FCL to Delmarva

8 players from Delmarva to Aberdeen 

6 players from Aberdeen to Bowie

2 players from Bowie to Norfolk

Unless there was roster space for some reason, I assume that means we’ve cut 6 players from Delmarva, 2 players from Aberdeen, 4 from Bowie and 2 from Norfolk.    Do we have any idea who they are?

I have some guesses without even looking at the rosters.  Kehe and Craig Lewis would be my first two guesses as far as outfielders go.   

50 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Promotions that make sense given the fallout,

MLB - Leyba 3B(sink or swim), Franco DFA

AAA - Grenier(Everyday SS), Dorrian(Everday 3B)

Welk and Bannon move into reserve roles or fight for ABs at UTIL/DH. 

Would also like to see Stowers promoted to Norfolk, but I don't see that move happening until ST next year.  

But totally agree with Grenier and Dorrian going to 6 and 5 and playing there every day.  

I would hope they put up similar or better at AAA and make it to Baltimore midway through the 2022 campaign (if it happens).

1 minute ago, crowmst3k! said:

Would also like to see Stowers promoted to Norfolk, but I don't see that move happening until ST next year.  

But totally agree with Grenier and Dorrian going to 6 and 5 and playing there every day.  

I would hope they put up similar or better at AAA and make it to Baltimore midway through the 2022 campaign (if it happens).

I think Stowers will likely go to the AFL so at least there is that. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’m disappointed that Grayson Rodriguez wasn’t moved up.   He’s more deserving than most of these guys.   

My guess with Rodriguez is they want him to use less pitches. His pitch counts has been climbing into the 80s in his 5th inning of work against AA hitters and I'm guessing they like to see him get there needing less pitches. He does seem to get into deep counts, but I think it's more because he's been throwing all four of pitches and with that comes a little bit of command issues at times. 

He doesn't walk many because the thing is he can go to different pitches that he has a good feel for down in the count and is able to throw them for strikes.

Saying that, I would like to see him use the major league ball in AAA so I'm hopeful they will move him for at least a few starts in AAA before the year is out. 

Honestly, he's going to start 2022 in AAA regardless, so it probably doesn't matter overall.

• Like 1