Orioles Minor League Rosters 2022 (Just something I like to fool around with)

Don't get too worked up over this.   This assumes Mancini is dealt (for who knows what) and that no ML acquistions are made.   It also assumes some agressive placements for Cowser, Mayo, Hendrson, and some of the other 2022 draftees.    It's all possible if not probable.

Baltimore              Norfolk         Bowie             Aberdeen        Delmarva          GCLB            

1B   Mountcastle        Nevin            Welk               Teter                Higgins             Rolle
2B   Bannon                Vavra            Ortiz              Norby               Burns               V.Gonzlaez
SS   Urias                   Grenier          Westburg      Servideo          DeLeon             Hernandez      
3B   Gutierrez            Dorrian          Henderson    Mayo                Ramirez            DeLosantos     
C    Severino              Rutschman    Handley        Rodriguez        Pavalony           Basallo     
LF   McKenna             Neustrom      Sparks          Williams           Acevedo            Bellony           
CF   Mullins               Watson           Haskins        Trimble             Deson                Feliciano
RF   Hays                   Stowers          Cowser         Rhodes            Craig                 Gonzalez        
DH   Santander         Diaz               Mundy           Hall                  Willems              Cotorreal     

IF   Mateo                 Cullen           Graffanino       Hernaiz                             
OF Jones                  Rizer             Fontana         
C    Wynns                                                                                       

SP   Means               Rodriguez    Hall                Pinto               Heid                     Lacle
SP   T.Wells              Baumann      Brnovich        Stallings          Tavera                 Chace
SP   Zimmerman      Bradish         Rom              Denoyer          Van Loon              Ortiz
SP   A.Wells             Smith             Young            Lyons               Long                   Sanchez
SP   Watkins            Peralta           Peek              H.Roth             Rangel                   

RP   Akin                     
RP   Lowther           Bishop                                  Moore                                       
RP   Kremer            Knight           Klimek             Magee                                        
RP   Lopez                                                            Prizina                        
RP   Scott                                                             Feliz                 Del Rosario
RP   Tate                 Erwin            Bishop             Farmer            Pham
RP   Fry                   Vespi                                     Perkins         
RP   Sulser              Bautista       Almengo          Strowd            Gillies     

• Thanks 1

Thanks for putting that together. It looks like you omitted DL Hall. Some of the placements are a bit aggressive, not that I do not think Cowser could handle AA. Elias has shown he believes in a true progression, but I will not argue with you on that. I am sure others will... LOL. It is interesting to see prospects at all positions throughout the minors at each stop. A nice change. I wonder if Elias will trade from his depth in the minors to begin building the ML team. There is a large group of R5 eligible guys this year, and some are very prominent prospects. I can make a case for about 10 guys right now that should be added.

2 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

Thanks for putting that together. It looks like you omitted DL Hall. Some of the placements are a bit aggressive, not that I do not think Cowser could handle AA. Elias has shown he believes in a true progression, but I will not argue with you on that. I am sure others will... LOL. It is interesting to see prospects at all positions throughout the minors at each stop. A nice change. I wonder if Elias will trade from his depth in the minors to begin building the ML team. There is a large group of R5 eligible guys this year, and some are very prominent prospects. I can make a case for about 10 guys right now that should be added.

D.L. Hall.  Oops.   Obviously in the AA rotation to start.

I agree, some are aggressive.   But to get guys like Ramirez (3B), Deson and Acevedo (OF) to Delmarva where they belong there must be a ripple effect to some degree.   They may play Mayo and Ramirez together at Delmarva with Henderson starting at Aberdeen.   That is more probable, I agree.   As for Cowser, he probably starts at Aberdeen, but starting at Bowie allows for the other outfielders to occupy the spots in Aberdeen and thereby open up Delmarva for the outfielders I put there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

I was about the play around with the 40 man.   I am pretty sure I can cut 10-15 guys off of there with no problem.  lol

• Like 1

Abad

Ellis

Wade

Greene

Matt Harvey

Lakins

Mattson

Wynns

Gutierrez

Watkin

Martin

D.J. Stewart

That's 12 guys I would have no problem cutting from the 40 man.    D.J.  is a longshot to come back and bite you.  It might be time to cut the chord with Stewart and Martin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

I was about the play around with the 40 man.   I am pretty sure I can cut 10-15 guys off of there with no problem.  lol

Definitely a ripple-up effect. I just think they’ll move some inventory of depth to acquire actual ML average pitching. They really have to at this point. The sales of pitchforks in the Baltimore area have increased in the past month or two. I have given them a pass up to this point, but starting in 2022 I believe there should be some accountability. There needs to be marked improvement in the ML roster. 

8 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

Definitely a ripple-up effect. I just think they’ll move some inventory of depth to acquire actual ML average pitching. They really have to at this point. The sales of pitchforks in the Baltimore area have increased in the past month or two. I have given them a pass up to this point, but starting in 2022 I believe there should be some accountability. There needs to be marked improvement in the ML roster. 

Who is going to hold them accountable?

Every time the National media tries it the locals lash out at them.  The local media is either owned by the team or cowed by them.  Fans are already not coming out.

Who is left?  Maybe the State can get involved since their tax revenue is down pretty sharply.

https://apnews.com/article/sports-mlb-health-coronavirus-pandemic-maryland-8fef0c4efd76f0d6452c67dc0e37d64c

The Orioles paid $1.6 million in rent to the Stadium Authority for the use of Oriole Park at Camden Yards in the fiscal year ending June 30.

The team’s average annual rent of its 30-year lease has been $6.8 million.

Going to be hard to keep OPACY looking nice if they don't collect any of the taxes that pays for the maintenance.

12 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

ML average pitchers are expensive both in salary and what it would take to get them.   I'm not so sure I expect to see prospects for ML trades just yet.   A better version of Matt Harvey, maybe.   A salary dump, maybe.   I'm not expecting anything significant.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

ML average pitchers are expensive both in salary and what it would take to get them.   I'm not so sure I expect to see prospects for ML trades just yet.   A better version of Matt Harvey, maybe.   A salary dump, maybe.   I'm not expecting anything significant.

I don’t have names at the moment, but there will be opportunities to acquire pitching. Even if it is a reliever or two. I know it isn’t cheap, but they have depth to send. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Who is going to hold them accountable?

Every time the National media tries it the locals lash out at them.  The local media is either owned by the team or cowed by them.  Fans are already not coming out.

Who is left?  Maybe the State can get involved since their tax revenue is down pretty sharply.

https://apnews.com/article/sports-mlb-health-coronavirus-pandemic-maryland-8fef0c4efd76f0d6452c67dc0e37d64c

Going to be hard to keep OPACY looking nice if they don't collect any of the taxes that pays for the maintenance.

At some point, ownership group will hold them accountable. They have to do they can have some semblance of integrity in the game. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to make couple of suggestions to your Orioles Black off the top of my head. 

Centerfield should be Gonzalez with Feliciano in right.  But Junior Lara  could be centerfielder and leadoff hitter.   He will definitely start in centerfield for somebody.

2nd base might go to Angel Pena who has been on a tear to finish the season.  He's batting leadoff but he's a poor base stealer.  I think he got $200,000.

Among your starting pitchers might be righthanders  Vasquez and Morillo. They will be 20 next year.  And Deivy Cruz a small strikeout Lefty will be 18.  He got $200,000 in January.   We don't know Vasquez or Morillo's bonus in July 2019. When they don't publish it I assume it was 5 figures.

I let bonus size help me evaluate players until they have a track record.

Just suggestions...........

• Upvote 1