Don Long is out per Roch

interloper

Meh. In the best of circumstances it is all but impossible to adequately judge a coach.
One thing I’ve noticed about my colleagues is that the “best” teachers are the ones who carefully screen their students and only except as pupils the ones who are already advanced, talented, extremely disciplined and driven.

And then they take credit for all the kids’ accomplishments.

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Wonder if they bring up one of the guys from the minors, like a Fuller, to replace him?

Roch went on to say there would be a hiring process for both the Long and Hernandez replacements that will involve both internal and external candidates.

That reminds me of a Funky Winkerbean strip Where the fighting scape goats introduce their mascot, which is a goat.

The coach proudly announces to the team, “I thought it would be good for the team to have a mascot.”

And the goat looks out of the audience and thinks, “this team doesn’t need a mascot, it needs a Messiah.”

Laff laff laff.

Kind of a bummer.  Not going to be able to say "Don Long's long dongs" anymore.

I agree with @yark14, Holt is the one most deserving to be let go.  

Will be interesting to see who they bring aboard, I'm assuming it'll be someone who's very deep in analytics and proficient with whatever newfangled swing analysis software the franchise is using.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Kind of a bummer.  Not going to be able to say "Don Long's long dongs" anymore.

I agree with @yark14, Holt is the one most deserving to be let go.  

Will be interesting to see who they bring aboard, I'm assuming it'll be someone who's very deep in analytics and proficient with whatever newfangled swing analysis software the franchise is using.

Holt is willing to be both the ML pitching coach and minor league coordinator.  That's savings.  He's not going to get fired.

I'm sure they can replace 10 and 17 year vets with someone making less money.