I'm already over this offseason.

Moose Milligan

16 minutes ago, Pickles said:

That's because your position is inherently illogical and when someone speaks logic to it,  you can't get over the cognitive dissonance.

So once again, the Rangers did something "good" by making a "bad" signing?

That is oxymoronic.  

I said it before, I'll say it again.  It looks like the Semien signing has all the hallmarks of a bad signing.  

But at least they're trying.  At least they're not afraid to go for it.  Maybe they know something we don't.  Maybe they think they've got some prospects that are close that can help them compete.  Maybe it won't be a bad signing.

At least they're trying.  Again, you seem to be the only one here struggling with that.  

15 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Your position then is basically the O's should ahve given E-Rod a blank check.

That's a reasonable position that is in touch with reality.

I'm pretty sure I said we should have signed him to what the Tigers signed him to.  I don't think I ever put Ed-Rod and blank check in the same sentence, but thanks for putting words in my mouth.  

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I said it before, I'll say it again.  It looks like the Semien signing has all the hallmarks of a bad signing.  

But at least they're trying.  At least they're not afraid to go for it.  Maybe they know something we don't.  Maybe they think they've got some prospects that are close that can help them compete.  Maybe it won't be a bad signing.

At least they're trying.  Again, you seem to be the only one here struggling with that.  

I'm pretty sure I said we should have signed him to what the Tigers signed him to.  I don't think I ever put Ed-Rod and blank check in the same sentence, but thanks for putting words in my mouth.  

Well I guess I have higher standards. Trying while doing something stupid doesn't impress. 

I don't want the Orioles to do stupid things. That doesn't improve their competitiveness.

That isn't difficult to understand unless you have an illogical horse you need to beat.

Just now, Pickles said:

Well I guess I have higher standards. Trying while doing something stupid doesn't impress. 

I don't want the Orioles to do stupid things. That doesn't improve their competitiveness.

That isn't difficult to understand unless you have an illogical horse you need to beat.

Yes.  Your standards are impeccable.  

• Haha 2