MLB Lockout Thread

Can_of_corn

39 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Brutal

Giving them a million bucks is pretty much a middle finger.  Nothing like insulting the other side of the table when you're negotiating.

It's cool SG, keep laughing about no baseball this year.  Maybe if we're lucky we'll get another 80 game jackoff season.

8 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Yeah I’d guess May at the earliest. But it’s the owner’s plan all along. I may not even purchase mlbtv this year. We’ll see when Adley comes up. 

I'm not going to get it this year.  It's due to re-up March 1st, I need to cancel it.  I saw someone walk through the steps on how to do it, I'll post it here when I find them.

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Giving them a million bucks is pretty much a middle finger.  Nothing like insulting the other side of the table when you're negotiating.

It's cool SG, keep laughing about no baseball this year.  Maybe if we're lucky we'll get another 80 game jackoff season.

I'm not going to get it this year.  It's due to re-up March 1st, I need to cancel it.  I saw someone walk through the steps on how to do it, I'll post it here when I find them.

I assume they won’t have the audacity to charge anyone without an agreement in place. 

It’s pretty easy to cancel the automatic renewal. Just log in at mlb.com and go to account, then manage subscriptions. I just canceled mine. 

9 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I assume they won’t have the audacity to charge anyone without an agreement in place. 

It’s pretty easy to cancel the automatic renewal. Just log in at mlb.com and go to account, then manage subscriptions. I just canceled mine. 

Oh, they'll have the audacity alright.  

"They don't care about the fans!!! wwwwaaahhhhhh!!!"

We're about to see that again, first hand at 150 bucks a pop or whatever it is.  They'll dip their hands right in people's pockets who aren't paying attention and not think twice about it.  Then they'll offer 2023 at a discounted rate because people paid for 2022 in full or something.  Wait and see.  

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Oh, they'll have the audacity alright.  

"They don't care about the fans!!! wwwwaaahhhhhh!!!"

We're about to see that again, first hand at 150 bucks a pop or whatever it is.  They'll dip their hands right in people's pockets who aren't paying attention and not think twice about it.  Then they'll offer 2023 at a discounted rate because people paid for 2022 in full or something.  Wait and see.  

Yeah you’re right. As soon as I typed it I thought those mfers definitely would stick their hands in your picket while you weren’t looking. 

14 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Yeah you’re right. As soon as I typed it I thought those mfers definitely would stick their hands in your picket while you weren’t looking. 

Absolutely.  They're about to miss out on revenue this season so they'll take what they can get any way they can get it.  Whatever recurring MLBtv revenue they'd get probably isn't much in the grand scheme of things but it'll be better than nothing.

3 hours ago, waroriole said:

Thanks for mentioning this. Just canceled mile. Will reinstate when there are games and Adley is called up.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea, there are philosophical differences too.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33379326/players-unsure-whether-head-home-sixth-day-mlb-talks-end-sides-far-apart

How mature:

MLB characterized its tax proposal as intentionally lousy, in response to a union tax proposal teams felt was equally lousy.

An agreement sounds like it is imminent.  lol

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea, there are philosophical differences too.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33379326/players-unsure-whether-head-home-sixth-day-mlb-talks-end-sides-far-apart

How mature:

MLB characterized its tax proposal as intentionally lousy, in response to a union tax proposal teams felt was equally lousy.

9 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

An agreement sounds like it is imminent.  lol

subway-subwaystation.gif

Edited by drjohnnyfeva