OH Trade Ideas> Come Inside

Greg Pappas

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blake would play third, pushing DeWitt to second. Otherwise, it would be DeWitt at third and BRob at second.

Well the Dodgers are looking to win and, for the 2008 season, Roberts > Blake > Dewitt. The best combo for them would be Roberts at 2B and Blake at 3B with Dewitt on the bench. If they don't want to take on the much salary, then Roberts and Dewitt > Blake and Dewitt as Roberts is a bigger upgrade over Dewitt than Blake is.

Blake would play third, pushing DeWitt to second. Otherwise, it would be DeWitt at third and BRob at second.

Bingo.

I would absolutely hate to lose McDonald, but Roberts is one of the better lead-off guys in baseball. I think he'd be a great fit in LA. Too bad Ned Colletti doesn't feel the same way.

No the deal will be scuttled when the Dodgers ask us to pick up part of Roberts' contract...:laughlol:

Lol! Very true.

From a Dodger fan:

To BAL: James McDonald, Ivan De Jesus, Xavier Paul

To LA: Brian Roberts

Of course, this is void if (when) Casey Blake re-signs, unfortunately. :(

I would love to get Ivan, but I don't love this deal.

How close is this?

Roberts

Sherrill

for

DeJesus

Kemp

Well the Dodgers are looking to win and, for the 2008 season, Roberts > Blake > Dewitt. The best combo for them would be Roberts at 2B and Blake at 3B with Dewitt on the bench. If they don't want to take on the much salary, then Roberts and Dewitt > Blake and Dewitt as Roberts is a bigger upgrade over Dewitt than Blake is.

Actually, the best move would be to not waste $6M+ a year for three years on Blake. The Dodgers could use that money to help bring back Furcal, Ramirez or go get Sabathia.

DeWitt's defense at 3B is so much better than Blake's that the offensive deficiencies don't look that bad by comparison.

I would love to get Ivan, but I don't like this deal.

How close is this?

Roberts

Sherrill

for

DeJesus

Kemp

The Dodgers would be quite foolish to move Kemp without making him the centerpiece of a deal for a slugger, especially with Manny not a lock to come back.

Its really not much of a stretch to think that Dewitt will be a better player than Blake next year.

The Dodgers would be quite foolish to move Kemp without making him the centerpiece of a deal for a slugger, especially with Manny not a lock to come back.

That said, would LAD have any interest in a deal that involved Roberts and Huff?

That said, would LAD have any interest in a deal that involved Roberts and Huff?

I wouldn't think so. Huff had a really good season, but he played all of 57 games in the field. The only spots he could play in LA are 3B and LF, and 3B appears to be reserved for Casey Blake. Left field is (hopefully) reserved for Manny Ramirez.

I think Huff is a perfect fit in the AL. He's never been strong defensively, but could play all four corners in a pinch.

DNoz, what would it take to get Hu from LAD? What other pieces do we have that you think the Dodgers need?

The Dodgers appear to need another RP. They've been linked to Trevor Hoffman. Sherrill could be a fit.

However, I don't see the Dodgers trading Hu and De Jesus in the same, or even separate deals without a SS option in place (i.e. Furcal, etc.).

I wouldn't think so. Huff had a really good season, but he played all of 57 games in the field. The only spots he could play in LA are 3B and LF, and 3B appears to be reserved for Casey Blake. Left field is (hopefully) reserved for Manny Ramirez.

I think Huff is a perfect fit in the AL. He's never been strong defensively, but could play all four corners in a pinch.

My thinking was that LAD would upgrade the offense at 3B by replacing Blake with Huff. Is Huff really that much more of a defensive liability than Blake?

I've read that the Dodgers are also looking for BP help. Why not make it Roberts, Huff, and Sherrill for Kemp, DeJesus, and friends? :D LAD makes some solid upgrades to the infield and BP for a run at a WS while the O's move some salary and get younger.

Its really not much of a stretch to think that Dewitt will be a better player than Blake next year.

Then it would make sense to NOT re-sign Blake and trade for Roberts. Either that or sign Blake and trade for Roberts and have Dewitt platoon with Blake and spell Roberts at second.

Either way, the Dodgers are better off IMO with Roberts on their roster.

Archived