Correa (Update, signs with Twins)

Yardball85

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Ok..and if his career OPS away from OPACY is 750 and he hits 850+ at OPACY, he will be just fine.

My concern is that his OPS would be ~.750 period, since that is what he has hit everywhere that isn't a couple thousand feet above sea level over his 6 years in MLB. Plus, RHBs just got nerfed at OPACY so it could even be closer to his .718 from 2021.

4 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

My concern is that his OPS would be ~.750 period, since that is what he has hit everywhere that isn't a couple thousand feet above sea level over his 6 years in MLB. Plus, RHBs just got nerfed at OPACY so it could even be closer to his .718 from 2021.

I don't think this is realistic at all. I mean, its not uncommon for players to hit better at home, no matter the park.

OPACY is still going to be a hitters park.  The fence moving back means less homers but likely more doubles and triples.

I think its risky to give Story a 5 year deal with his away split being  at 750 OPS.   The O's have Gunnar, Westburg and Ortiz long term.  There is no guarantee that Story would hitter better than the best of the three.  

Quite frankly we don't know what kind of park Camden will be going forward. Everyone including the O's are just guessing.

I would do a one year prove it deal but I think he will get a better deal with another team.

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

its not uncommon for players to hit better at home, no matter the park

It's also not terribly uncommon for guys to hit like lions while playing in Colorado and then turn into sleepy housecats after leaving. Story's Coors/Not Coors splits (~.970/~.750) are so extreme that I would simply prefer not to find out at his likely pricetag.

Honestly a bit surprised that Correa is still on the market, I figured he'd be gone by now.

I saw that his house in Houston is on the market for whatever that's worth.  I don't know if the Astros jump back in the market for him but it's easy to rip a for sale sign out of the yard.  It would also be easy to purchase a new house with whatever new contract the Astros gave him.

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

Heavens would the 1-year be magnificent.

I read a few days ago Jonathan Villar turned down ~$6M from somebody.    He can't get more than that from us, right?   

Correa returning to Houston is the most likely outcome, imo. I highly doubt it's a 1 year deal if he does though, he put up 7+ bWAR last year, it's not like he is coming off a down year or something.