Jordan Westburg 2022

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Actually I think I was pretty balanced since Ruzious said  he was skepical about Gunnar's high ceiling and would not mind trading him.    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but that is one I don't agree with.

He didn’t say he was skeptical of Gunnar’s high ceiling.   He said he thought Gunnar had a low floor.   Those are two different things entirely.   For me, Gunnar’s high K rate is the biggest red flag.   He overcomes that (or at least, it doesn’t get worse) and he could be a really good player.   

• 2 weeks later...

That double over CF head was a well-struck ball but also looked like quite a slow jump by Vierling.    Elias should send that highlight to Dombrowski with subject line, Outfield Defense.

We still want Stott and Abel for Mullins.

Enjoying Westburg's many highlights.    He looks primed for Rays and Brewers pitching to make him go 3-for-30.

Fun fact - you can play Westburg, Ortiz and Henderson everyday at SS if you use Baltimore.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

That double over CF head was a well-struck ball but also looked like quite a slow jump by Vierling.    Elias should send that highlight to Dombrowski with subject line, Outfield Defense.

We still want Stott and Abel for Mullins.

Enjoying Westburg's many highlights.    He looks primed for Rays and Brewers pitching to make him go 3-for-30.

Fun fact - you can play Westburg, Ortiz and Henderson everyday at SS if you use Baltimore.

Given that Elias wasn't willing to move any of the 3 to even triple-A, I don't think Baltimore was really a consideration. My guess is they're hoping one of Westburg or Ortiz forces an early promotion, as they've both had a decent number of AA at bats. 

Kid had a heck of a game in all aspects of the game.  Two nice hits, a couple really good plays on D, and even solid baserunning.  I mentioned on here before that a coworker of mine grew up best friends with him, and has talked about how Westburg played multiple sports really, really well.  I think the hands and footwork from playing football and basketball are very evident.

19 hours ago, seak05 said:

Given that Elias wasn't willing to move any of the 3 to even triple-A, I don't think Baltimore was really a consideration. My guess is they're hoping one of Westburg or Ortiz forces an early promotion, as they've both had a decent number of AA at bats. 

I thought Ortiz would start at Norfolk. Bowie is gonna have a crowded IF. Westburg, Ortiz, Henderson. I guess Prieto starts in Aberdeen. 

7 hours ago, waroriole said:

I thought Ortiz would start at Norfolk. Bowie is gonna have a crowded IF. Westburg, Ortiz, Henderson. I guess Prieto starts in Aberdeen. 

I could see Prieto still starting at Bowie.  Easier for him to get starts at second base there than in Aberdeen where Norby is likely to start. 

43 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I could see Prieto still starting at Bowie.  Easier for him to get starts at second base there than in Aberdeen where Norby is likely to start. 

Prieto could begin the season at Delmarva and move up fast if he plays well. That is similar to what they did last year.   Kjerstad could be at Delmarva also.

On 4/1/2022 at 9:14 PM, yark14 said:

Kid had a heck of a game in all aspects of the game.  Two nice hits, a couple really good plays on D, and even solid baserunning.  I mentioned on here before that a coworker of mine grew up best friends with him, and has talked about how Westburg played multiple sports really, really well.  I think the hands and footwork from playing football and basketball are very evident.

Not to be a jerk, but many mlb caliber athletes (that alone is an incredibly positive descriptor) were likely great at other sports in HS.