Interesting Conner Green article

Tony-OH

Wow, that’s quite a story.   I hadn’t really focused on the fact that in 2020, not only did the minor leaguers not get to play, but they weren’t paid.   That’s pretty rough.   He was really living hand to mouth there for a while.

Greene accumulated 70 days of service last year, so that’s about $230 k, in addition to his prorated MiL salary.   That should keep him fed for a year or two regardless of what happens with his baseball career from here.   Also, minor leaguers with big league experience got a raise in the new CBA.   So, he should be doing OK, unlike other guys who were in a similar position to him going into 2021 but still haven’t cracked the bigs.  

Is that click-bait web site trustworthy?  Was it reported elsewhere that the O’s offered anything close to that for Correa?  Seems unlikely, given, well, everything…

I wish CG amazing success if he can get it together.

But a contract offer that big for Correa seems unlikely for so many reasons…

Did I miss something?  Thanks!

5 hours ago, ChipTait said:

Is that click-bait web site trustworthy?  Was it reported elsewhere that the O’s offered anything close to that for Correa?  Seems unlikely, given, well, everything…

I wish CG amazing success if he can get it together.

But a contract offer that big for Correa seems unlikely for so many reasons…

Did I miss something?  Thanks!

I'm not sure what you are talking about. We're discussing the article, not the website or other reporters on that site. Just a simple interesting story about a guy in the Orioles spring camp. So yea, you missed something.