Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

I wouldn’t microanalyze everything that happens in Rutschman’s rehab.  Just look at the big picture.   So long as he’s no longer in Aberdeen next week, I really don’t care how many innings he played at catcher in this week’s games.   He’s gotten his feet wet and that’s what matters.    

Putting aside how he’s playing, I’d imagine the O’s will want Rutschman to be catching consecutive 9-inning games before he’s called up.   My guess is he’ll be catching 9 innings by either end of this weekend or start of next week, then they’ll progress him to consecutive games about a week after that.  I think they’ll shoot for a major league debut during the May 16-22 homestand, assuming he’s looking good.  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think they’ll shoot for a major league debut during the May 16-22 homestand, assuming he’s looking good.  

Agree, zero chance the Orioles are going to want his debut to be on the road, and I don't think they're going to call him up this week

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Did he play a whole game?

Oh lordy lord, lordy lord.  He only DH’d. He must be injured or Elias is stupid.  The whole plan is falling apart.  Or it’s working just the way they want.  The dead horse needs more flogging. 🤣

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Oh lordy lord, lordy lord.  He only DH’d. He must be injured or Elias is stupid.  The whole plan is falling apart.  Or it’s working just the way they want.  The dead horse needs more flogging. 🤣

Wth?  I asked a question that I didn't know the answer to and repped him for the response.

Only one dead horse getting flogged and you have the whip.

54 minutes ago, wildcard said:

We will see.  But the pattern so far is catch a game, DH a game, take a day off.

One full round of three games isn’t a “pattern” so far as I’m concerned.  But you’re right, we will see.