DL Hall 2022

Tony-OH

Fans are starting to rustle the pitchforks like they did before Adley was finally called up. I'm struggling to see what the plan is here for Hall. They just continue to list Voth and Watkins as starters in upcoming series. Surely they are close to making the call, but when? 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Fans are starting to rustle the pitchforks like they did before Adley was finally called up. I'm struggling to see what the plan is here for Hall. They just continue to list Voth and Watkins as starters in upcoming series. Surely they are close to making the call, but when? 

Delaying Grayson's debut after the fans thought he was ready worked out so well so why not do it with Hall?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, interloper said:

I would not be surprised if he comes up in a relief role due to an innings limit so him not being the listed started doesn't necessarily say anything. Then again they could be holding off til September for whatever reason. No matter what happens it is almost guaranteed we will be unhappy with the timing but then forget about it after a couple of weeks if he is having success. 

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

I would not be surprised if he comes up in a relief role due to an innings limit so him not being the listed started doesn't necessarily say anything. Then again they could be holding off til September for whatever reason. No matter what happens it is almost guaranteed we will be unhappy with the timing but then forget about it after a couple of weeks if he is having success. 

I'm sure there is definitely a plan. I just wish they'd sorta let us know what it is so we're not living and dying with each roster move and Roch starting rotation tweet. The 1 inning stints mean something but it's hard to tell what. Are they going to ramp up again? Stay at 1 inning? Is Hall done as a SP option this year? It's all very mysterious.

But you are right, once he's up it won't be a talking point just like how it's no longer a talking point re: Adley.

Just now, accinfo said:

I think they are taking the approach if it isn't broke don't fix it. Voth and Watkins have pitched pretty well and they have won using them as them have been.  

I think also nothing will be happening until after the trade deadline when they know how the 40 man will shake out.

17 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'm sure there is definitely a plan. I just wish they'd sorta let us know what it is so we're not living and dying with each roster move and Roch starting rotation tweet. The 1 inning stints mean something but it's hard to tell what. Are they going to ramp up again? Stay at 1 inning? Is Hall done as a SP option this year? It's all very mysterious.

But you are right, once he's up it won't be a talking point just like how it's no longer a talking point re: Adley.

I was wondering if they were taking the excessive heat warnings into consideration. It was like heat index of 105+ in Durham. Nasty nasty hot and uncomfortable. Kid gloves on and all. Don't want dehydration and over-exertion leading to an injury a la Grayson. But, as stated, who knows what they're thinking.

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

I know, I just mean everybody else. Maybe they just want things settled before finding him a 26-man spot. I'm grasping right now, clearly. 

I think you certainly have a good point.  They could be waiting until August 2 to make a flurry of roster changes.  Also they will have a much better picture of where they stand in the Wildcard race.  

4 minutes ago, accinfo said:

I think you certainly have a good point.  They could be waiting until August 2 to make a flurry of roster changes.  Also they will have a much better picture of where they stand in the Wildcard race.  

Which is funny, considering we're talking about a guy that we think is an upgrade. 

23 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Which is funny, considering we're talking about a guy that we think is an upgrade. 

He’s probably going to take his lumps in the starting rotation. If we brought him up as a bullpen arm sure. That’s not how they’re developing him though 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, seak05 said:

He’s probably going to take his lumps in the starting rotation. If we brought him up as a bullpen arm sure. That’s not how they’re developing him though 

My expectation is he will be better than the 12th/13th pitcher on our roster in whatever role he's put into.

I was happy how long he worked a couple of the turns before the break.

I know Elias says he likes to get guys to the finish line.    If he wants Hall still in the 100 IP neighborhood end of September, he probably has something like 3 innings/week.    My guess is 5 weeks as a starter or 10 weeks as an Akin type might be an Either/Or kind of deal.

In the 7-2 next nine games type scenario, guess it might also depend on if we get a Jose Quintana type.

2 hours ago, LookinUp said:

My expectation is he will be better than the 12th/13th pitcher on our roster in whatever role he's put into.

The 12/13 pitchers on a ML roster don't get regular innings. I'm not an expert, but I don't think being the 12th pitcher on the Orioles roster in July 2022 is the best way to help him be a contributing sp in 2023. I would like to see him get starts at the ML level this year....but I'm expecting them to not all be smooth sailing, and I'm ok with that