Matt Harvey close to minor league deal. (Update: signed)

MurphDogg

8 minutes ago, waroriole said:

From a baseball standpoint, I completely agree. He’s not a ML pitcher anymore and it didn’t make sense to bring him back. Especially when he had this hanging over him. 

And thanks for a thoughtful response. Your post was hardly the only one critical of him as a person, but you seem to be an open minded person, so I directed it at you with the idea that you’d appreciate what I was saying. 

I do my best Sir. Life is hard and complex. I do agree the ones that present things as black and white are either naive or up to nefarious means😂 As for Harvey, his signing this year not only makes zero sense but salt on the wound when Elias basically sat on his hands this past offseason. 

7 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Did you read Corn's post, above.  He was second on the O's in innings pitched and first in FIP.  At the time he was signed, we had low expectations for the pitching staff.  As it is, they have been surpisingly good.  With Bradish coming up, along with Rodriguez's and Hall's expected promotions at some point this year, I don't expect to see much of Harvey, if at all.  If we suffer more season ending injuries, I suppose he could get a call later in the year, but we're doomed at that point anyway (as though we aren't already doomed 😞 ).

No, I missed it, but good post but you can get an innings eater that doesn’t have this moral overhang. I still believe Hall is a reliever, hope I am wrong. 

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Harvey's suspension is over on July 7th so he has at least 2 more starts at AA or lower before he could pitch at Norfolk or be added to the Major League roster.

I understand he is suspended from the majors, but why is he prevented from pitching for Norfolk?

On 6/24/2022 at 7:58 AM, MurphDogg said:

He signed a AAA contract, so he is precluded from playing at AAA until 60 AAA games have been played since his signing. 

If he had signed a Major League contract he would be able to play at AAA during this buildup period.

Good think he didn't sign a FCL contract.  He would have to play in the DSL.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

He’s still a scumbag. 

But that wasn't your objection in the first place.  And that particular aspect of this bores me to death.

But you gave me a bit of a tongue lashing for saying "Eh."  Just joshing you.

21 minutes ago, Pickles said:

But that wasn't your objection in the first place.  And that particular aspect of this bores me to death.

But you gave me a bit of a tongue lashing for saying "Eh."  Just joshing you.

Sure, my objection in the first place was that it was stupid to bring him back.  Like, we could have had Johnny Cueto instead.  

But he's waiting in the wings, so whatever.  I'm not going to root against him.