Hudson Haskin 2022

ChuckS

33 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Thats probably a mid-case scenario for him.  I'd like to think he has a higher ceiling than that.  

I mean an actual good 4th OF.  Like, on an actual good team.   Not what we've seen from the Orioles lately.  I don't know that the bat will be good enough to play every day, but a guy that can play all 3 OF positions, pinch run, play well defensively.  Like Ryan McKenna but not a zero with the bat.

But, hey.  Maybe he can be more than that.

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

Ciolek calls him a double plus runner.  2020 2nd round draft choice signed for 1.9M.   MLB Pipeline O's #16 prospect.  Tony has him a #29.

I didn’t pick up that he has that much speed. Having a tool like that is really valuable.

36 minutes ago, wildcard said:

The reports I have seen say he has a below average arm.  So he is kind of like Cedric.

MLBpipeline.com has him as a 45 arm in its latest preseason Top 30, but calls it an average arm in the write-up. 

BA has him with an above average arm in its preseason top 30.

I have not heard the arm was short to this point, so to say it’s the same as Cedric might be underestimating Hudson a bit.

23 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

MLBpipeline.com has him as a 45 arm in its latest preseason Top 30, but calls it an average arm in the write-up. 

I have not heard the arm was short to this point, so to say it’s the same as Cedric might be underestimating Hudson a bit.

Well, Fangraphs doesn’t know what to think.   First they grade his arm a 60, then they say this: “He covers tremendous ground in center field, but his arm, while not a liability, is a bit on the fringy side.”

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/baltimore-orioles-top-45-prospects/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, Fangraphs doesn’t know what to think.   First they grade his arm a 60, then they say this: “He covers tremendous ground in center field, but his arm, while not a liability, is a bit on the fringy side.”

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/baltimore-orioles-top-45-prospects/

I have not seen enough to have an opinion, but I have seen him above average on some and fringy on others. I thought he may have had a sore arm last year at times. That’s common for first year pros.

10 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

I was going by the 45 rating by Pipeline.  So with the new information I am solidly in the "I don't know" category.

• Haha 1

On 4/10/2022 at 4:55 PM, MurphDogg said:

Yeah, he got hit an absurd 20 times in 83 games last year.

Hit again tonight. I think it got him on the hands. Stayed in the game, got thrown out stealing, and then was removed. Hopefully just precautionary. He  was almost hit on the first pitch of the at bat too. 

9 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Hit again tonight. I think it got him on the hands. Stayed in the game, got thrown out stealing, and then was removed. Hopefully just precautionary. He  was almost hit on the first pitch of the at bat too. 

Diving head first on a SB attempt isn't probably what you want to do right after taking a HBP on the hand. 

I was looking at the box score and assumed he hurt himself on the slide into second.  Guess he'll get the Stowers treatment.  See ya in a week.