Jordan Westburg 2022

Just Regular

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Not caring may be a poor choice of words.  Maybe bored is better.  I remember hearing things along those lines although I can’t find any links to it right now.  I don’t think I dreamt it? Lol

Is being bored any better?

Would you hire someone that was bored at work and broadcast that fact?

And just like that, OH has started a rumor that Westburg is bored and/or doesn't care. Without any sources! Maybe he's a quiet guy and it's misconstrued as something else. Maybe there was never any "report" at all. 

Let's not let half-remembered things filter into our opinions of guys. Just let him play and see where we end up. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Not caring may be a poor choice of words.  Maybe bored is better.  I remember hearing things along those lines although I can’t find any links to it right now.  I don’t think I dreamt it? Lol

It's all good.  Still not a flattering profile of a ballplayer.  Here's hoping he's not reaching his limits as a professional.  

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

And just like that, OH has started a rumor that Westburg is bored and/or doesn't care. Without any sources! Maybe he's a quiet guy and it's misconstrued as something else. Maybe there was never any "report" at all. 

Let's not let half-remembered things filter into our opinions of guys. Just let him play and see where we end up. 

I think that's a bit of an overreaction.  And no one here is not letting him play to see where he ends up.

53 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, that's the type of profile that I want to draft.  The guy that acts like he doesn't care.

There you go. He made something up out of thin air and you're taking the ball and running with it.  Nice.

Bored. Doesn't care. Poor choice of words?  Poor concoction of words.  I can cut and paste the Baseball America pre-draft writeup. It's extensive and not a single mention of anything like that.  He only hit 6 homers his junior season but he had shown power in the Cape Cod league.  Obviously there were questions about his bat. None about his attitude, desire, or drive. 

6 minutes ago, interloper said:

How is it an overreaction? SG made a thing up and you and Can ate right out of his hand. 

I can assure I am not making it up.  I definitely remember hearing it(I don't think I'm going crazy?).  

BTW, I don't look at it as a negative.  I think once a guy knows he is ready to move on, that some complacency can set in and you start to look ahead. That was how I read it at the time I heard it.

9 minutes ago, interloper said:

How is it an overreaction? SG made a thing up and you and Can ate right out of his hand. 

Well SG's usually fairly accurate and doesn't make stuff up.  He's pretty reliable.

And if I'm not a Westburg fan (I could really take him or leave him) it's something that I want to believe to be true.

;) 

(I'm pulling your leg, interloper, lighten up)

Regardless of what may or may not have been said about Westburg prior to the draft (and I also don't remember hearing any such thing), there have been multiple glowing reports about his leadership and clubhouse role since joining the organization.  I do not think his makeup is a concern at all.

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well SG's usually fairly accurate and doesn't make stuff up.  He's pretty reliable.

And if I'm not a Westburg fan (I could really take him or leave him) it's something that I want to believe to be true.

;) 

(I'm pulling your leg, interloper, lighten up)

Fairly accurate?  Like you fact check him?  Haha