The LF wall tracker

OsEatAlEast

42 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I applaud the Orioles for their forward thinking, and hope the rest of the league follows suit.

If that works for you, then more power to you. I wouldn't personally enjoy watching that.

42 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I definitely missed a few of the homers our opponents lost.   How in the world do you lose a homer out there and it turns into a single? 

That was a ball Stanton hit yesterday. 114 mph line drive off the wall that caromed right back to Hays, so Stanton had to stop at first.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Stanton is an absolute monster btw.  He hits the ball so GD hard.  

I was thinking the same thing.  If there is one guy that could end a pitcher's life with a batted ball, it would be him.  Ball comes off his bat like a rocket.  Both fascinating and scary at the same time.  

11 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

I was thinking the same thing.  If there is one guy that could end a pitcher's life with a batted ball, it would be him.  Ball comes off his bat like a rocket.  Both fascinating and scary at the same time.  

It’s a win if the ball isn’t out of the park. I can’t believe he doesn’t hit 50 homers a year.  His exit velocities are absolutely off the charts.  

Wish he did the HR derby every year.

It is kind of the opposite of Chris Davis.  Even when Davis was having big years, his bat speed always looked so slow and his homers looked like lazy pop-ups to the outfield.  It was amazing that most of them would get out.  Stanton swings with controlled violence and not only am I surprised that he doesn't hit 50 a year, but I am surprised that the homers he does hit don't all go 470 feet or more.  

The crazy thing about Stanton - his swing looks like it's all arms (i know it's not, by that's how it looks). He flicks the bat like it's a whiffleball bat and the ball just jumps off it.  I would hate to play third and see him at the plate.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

The crazy thing about Stanton - his swing looks like it's all arms (i know it's not, by that's how it looks). He flicks the bat like it's a whiffleball bat and the ball just jumps off it.  I would hate to play third and see him at the plate.  

Yeah! He doesn't even really swing. It's wild. 

30 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

It is kind of the opposite of Chris Davis.  Even when Davis was having big years, his bat speed always looked so slow and his homers looked like lazy pop-ups to the outfield.  It was amazing that most of them would get out.  Stanton swings with controlled violence and not only am I surprised that he doesn't hit 50 a year, but I am surprised that the homers he does hit don't all go 470 feet or more.  

Gonna have to disagree on that a bit, peak Davis hit plenty of impressive, no doubt home runs. It was always satisfying to see him hit one so hard that the right-fielder never bothered to move.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, deward said:

Gonna have to disagree on that a bit, peak Davis hit plenty of impressive, no doubt home runs. It was always satisfying to see him hit one so hard that the right-fielder never bothered to move.

Maybe it was just his swing that made it look that way to me.  I feel like he released his top hand quickly after contact, which made it look like he one-armed his swings.  Clearly he was very strong because the ball certainly traveled, but it just never looked like a super powerful, complete swing to me.  I was never able to consistently tell off the bat that Davis had gone yard.  As you noted, I knew when I saw the right fielder. Compared to someone like Bellinger on the Dodgers who takes these incredibly long, violent hacks that look like he is swinging a driver on a golf course.  I can usually tell a Bellinger homer on contact.  Same with how Cecil Fielder used to swing.  I loved watching him hit.  Stanton does look like all arms to me, but man that ball looks like it comes out of a cannon.

13 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

Maybe it was just his swing that made it look that way to me.  I feel like he released his top hand quickly after contact, which made it look like he one-armed his swings.  Clearly he was very strong because the ball certainly traveled, but it just never looked like a super powerful, complete swing to me.  I was never able to consistently tell off the bat that Davis had gone yard.  As you noted, I knew when I saw the right fielder. Compared to someone like Bellinger on the Dodgers who takes these incredibly long, violent hacks that look like he is swinging a driver on a golf course.  I can usually tell a Bellinger homer on contact.  Same with how Cecil Fielder used to swing.  I loved watching him hit.  Stanton does look like all arms to me, but man that ball looks like it comes out of a cannon.

When Davis was really in his prime he would often look like he just kind of dropped the bat into the zone without any substantial effort, and the ball would end up 10 rows deep in the stands in left field.

3 hours ago, deward said:

That was a ball Stanton hit yesterday. 114 mph line drive off the wall that caromed right back to Hays, so Stanton had to stop at first.

Haha.  When I read Frobby's comment my first thought was 'It had to have been a 115mph line drive by Stanton hit too hard to advance to second base'  

That man is a freak show.  Worth the price of admission to watch him swing it. 

18 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

When Davis was really in his prime he would often look like he just kind of dropped the bat into the zone without any substantial effort, and the ball would end up 10 rows deep in the stands in left field.

Davis would hit balls that looked like a pop fly out except the ball just kept going until it was in the stands. Reminded me of the “too high” scene in Major League. 

major-league-movie-too-high.gif