Abedeen Ironbirds ownership and management are embarrassments

Tony-OH

Here we are, another season and another MILB broadcast year with no announcers and one behind the plate camera.

Cal Ripken mustve learned his ownership style from penny pinching Angelos.

What an absolute embarrassment once again to see our High-A team with the worse broadcast in all of the minor leagues. 

The Orioles should have kept their High-A in Frederick and let this penny pinching Ripken get that stupid five week season team.

• Tony-OH changed the title to Abedeen Ironbirds ownership and management are embarrassments
1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Here we are, another season and another MILB broadcast year with no announcers and one behind the plate camera.

Cal Ripken mustve learned his ownership style from penny pinching Angelos.

What an absolute emabrrassment once again to see our High-A team with the worse broadcast on all of the minor leagues. 

The Orioles should have kept their High-A in Frederick and let this penny pinching Ripken get that stupid five week season team.

Does he still own other teams?  If so are they run the same way?

He's probably still paying off that house Jones bought off him. 

Aberdeen and Tufton Sports were suing each other for who would do the maintenance on the stadium.MSA stepped in and paid for it.Aberdeen has tried to sell Leidos Stadium for years,even offering it back to Tufton Group,Cal and Billy are principal owners Aberdeen is a real small city that has lost money on the complex for years. Cal is not the saint the media makes him out to be.The stories that can be told.

3 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Meanwhile, Frederick has a great little park, in a nice area, with lots of people who supported the Keys.  I really hate this franchise sometimes.

I grew up not far from Frederick but it's been some time since I've gone to a game.  Wasn't the stadium part of the issue with keeping their affiliation?

10 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

I grew up not far from Frederick but it's been some time since I've gone to a game.  Wasn't the stadium part of the issue with keeping their affiliation?

That may have been said by someone to defend the decision... but it's not true.  I live here.  Always a great time and everything was well run.  They're losing this area to the Nats now.

34 minutes ago, Ripken said:

That may have been said by someone to defend the decision... but it's not true.  I live here.  Always a great time and everything was well run.  They're losing this area to the Nats now.

That's a shame and I'm sorry to hear that.

1 hour ago, Ripken said:

Meanwhile, Frederick has a great little park, in a nice area, with lots of people who supported the Keys.  I really hate this franchise sometimes.

Was it the Orioles' call?  I can't remember if it was, I seem to remember there being some talk that that was an MLB decision but can't remember.

48 minutes ago, Ripken said:

The stadium was part of the issue. Doesn't mean it wasn't well run, or that it couldn't have been fixed, or that the process didn't suck. And Frederick should definitely have a team. Aberdeen stadium though is bigger and newer. To bad it's not being run well. I remember having  a good time at game there in the past

"The notion that the stadium’s facilities are not up to current standards isn’t disputed by city or even team officials. “Our facility is 32 years old. ... Teams have bigger coaching staffs now that they travel with, there’s video people, [data] people,” said former longtime Keys general manager Dave Ziedelis in March. (The following month, he was tapped as the head of the city’s tourism organization, Visit Frederick.) “There’s much more area needed in the clubhouse ... that we simply don’t have.”

5 hours ago, Ripken said:

Yep, it's a travesty that they lost their team. On top of it, why would you want to give up on an area that is also pretty close to DC? 

Seems like the stadium situation cost them though. That clubhouse was small, even back in the day.