Means DL, Smith outrighted, welcome back Lakins

Legend_Of_Joey

8 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Well it does feel like living in a dystopian scifi movie already being Orioles fans. 

In 2028 after winning the AAA championship with an incredible undefeated season, GM Mike Elias says Adley, Grayson Rodriguez, DL Hall and others are really close to being ready.  Sees big things in the 30’s. 

In other news, the parent club Tennessee Dirtbags, lost their 17th straight after blowing a 9th inning 4 run lead without retiring a batter, setting a somber mood for the post game music festival headlined by Margaret Valentine. (Wife of John Angelos). 

7 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

See you maybe in 2023.

Hyde said Means getting second opinions on elbow. Gonna be awhile - to get results and for him to pitch again. Hyde doesn’t know if Means will pitch again in 2022. Said doesn’t expect him back anytime soon #orioles

The second opinion is probably about surgery.I think Hyde sort of implied what is happening  

• Tony-OH changed the title to Means DL, Smith outrighted, welcome back Lakins
On 4/15/2022 at 3:21 PM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Lakins is a relief pitcher, I don't get this move. And I have hard time buying Means will be back in 10 days. 

Did Connolly actually credit Elias for DFAing "guys he traded for" after he kept them on the 40-man roster all winter and Mattson for the last two unneccesarily? Everyone had Smith on their top 30 lists, some as high as top ten and I just couldn't figure it out. The second I saw video of him I saw a one trick pony (good slider) without much else.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Going Underground said:

See you maybe in 2023.

Hyde said Means getting second opinions on elbow. Gonna be awhile - to get results and for him to pitch again. Hyde doesn’t know if Means will pitch again in 2022. Said doesn’t expect him back anytime soon #orioles

These quotes by Hyde tell me he's going to surgery. It's always a hail mary to get that second opinion.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

These quotes by Hyde tell me he going to surgery. It's always a hail mary to get that second opinion.

I'm hope this isn't one of those situation in which they try to rest and rehab it and all it does is postpone the surgery.

If he gets cut now he can be back next year.  Maybe for the start of the season, maybe by the all star break.  If they let it drag on and he still needs the surgery he could easily end up with 8 IP over a two year period.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Did Connolly actually credit Elias for DFAing "guys he traded for" after he kept them on the 40-man roster all winter and Mattson for the last two unneccesarily? Everyone had Smith on their top 30 lists, some as high as top ten and I just couldn't figure it out. The second I saw video of him I saw a one trick pony (good slider) without much else.

Connolly has been no different than the state media on MASN. 

34 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Connolly has been no different than the state media on MASN. 

I wouldn't say that. He was very critical of the Orioles when Elias arrived and got rid of most of the old school scouts and minor league personnel. Like me, it dried up most of our contacts.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm hope this isn't one of those situation in which they try to rest and rehab it and all it does is postpone the surgery.

If he gets cut now he can be back next year.  Maybe for the start of the season, maybe by the all star break.  If they let it drag on and he still needs the surgery he could easily end up with 8 IP over a two year period.

Rooting to not hear anything about platelet rich plasma this month, and ideally quick treatment if that is indeed what is necessary.    He would be about same timeline as Boston James Paxton or Minnesota Kenta Maeda from last year if he goes this week.

4 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-resource/free-agent-tracker?sign=unsigned&pos=sp

Fangraphs offseason tracker still has Brett Anderson, Trevor Cahill and JA Happ as positive 2021 WAR's remaining jobless.   

Teheran and Foltynewicz are younger, Hamels is accomplished.

The O's need to sign someone.  They will more likely "invest" in the future of the club. 

36 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-resource/free-agent-tracker?sign=unsigned&pos=sp

Fangraphs offseason tracker still has Brett Anderson, Trevor Cahill and JA Happ as positive 2021 WAR's remaining jobless.   

Teheran and Foltynewicz are younger, Hamels is accomplished.

Thanks for posting. I pray Elias signs one of these guys.