The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

Well he's a 200 million dollar player for 10 years as opposed to 8, although I'd give him 8/200 if it would land him.

Anything north of 10/230 is too much IMO, so yes I do have a limit... ;)

what about 10/231? Hmmm? :scratchchinhmm:

I will do backflips if your 10/230 deal comes to fruition! That would be simply amazing.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look, I watch every game on TV and when I go to the games, I cheer. I only go if I can get good seats or get free tickets. Otherwise, I'll just watch it on TV for free.

If we sign Tex it just sends a message that we are for real. It would just be a shot in the arm that we're serious about contending year in and year out. It would make us relevant. It would make me excited enough to buy season tickets.

I watch alot of games on TV as well. I use to have season tickets(13 Gamers). I actually had them before I could really afford them. Signing Tex is a big step in the right direction. I would be willing to reward the O's for getting this done. I'd feel alot better if we did something to address the rotation:D

Well he's a 200 million dollar player for 10 years as opposed to 8, although I'd give him 8/200 if it would land him.

Until he says he'd definitely sign for 10/240... then that would be your limit. ;)

I completely understand what you are saying, I wasn't picking on you. I just know there are Oriole fans out there who write off the Orioles until they start to win. I know 11 seasons of losing makes it hard to get excited about another losing season but Opening Day is like christmas morning for me. Tex or no Tex this team is on its way to contention. Andy McPhail is going to turn this team into a contender within the next couple of years. It will take time but I have complete confidence in his abilities. Lets start to build an atmosphere at that stadium, maybe that can attract a few FAs...

We pretty much see eye to eye here.

I would just like to buy season tickets to show my appreciation of signing Tex, if it happens.

10/230 is way too much. My limit would be 10/200, but I don't even think he'll get that. I think he will get around 8/180.

Well, I cannot take any more of these "fake" reports tonight, so I am off to watch a "real" sport for the next two hours.....that's right OH...its time for Monnnnnnnnnnnnnday Night Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

I'll check back at 11 before going nigh night!

I said summer home. Not picking up roots.

;)

So the folks live in Boston from April to November and then the whole family moves to B'more ftom November to April? Don't the kids have to go to school? Or does everybody live in B'more but Tex, and trek to Boston for visits during the season? Just how does this work?

You know, not to pick on you or anyone else, but why does it take Tex for fans to go to the games? I am at every home friday night game because those are the only ones I can personally afford to go to(student night). I grew up watching the Orioles play in the 90s and the yard was always packed and always loud. Now, when I cheer during the games I get weird looks and an usher telling me to quiet down. Baltimore, support your team.

The average fan, in my estimation, has never considered logging on to a message board to talk O's, and probably can't even recite the whole lineup off the top of their head. The signing of a big star means a lot to them.

But, you know, I'm not even sure Tex is that "level" of a household name so as to shake the average fans out of their slumber. Perhaps he could be.

10/230 is way too much. My limit would be 10/200, but I don't even think he'll get that. I think he will get around 8/180.

$230M is Arod money and I seriously doubt anybody on this board will compare him to Arod.

$180m would my limit for getting Tex.

I watch alot of games on TV as well. I use to have season tickets(13 Gamers). I actually had them before I could really afford them. Signing Tex is a big step in the right direction. I would be willing to reward the O's for getting this done. I'd feel alot better if we did something to address the rotation:D
We are on to pitching. We have had some discussions with Sheets. Interesting....Lets see how that develops.

:D

letters

The Sux are getting Tex. :( Oh well.

It's all over people!

8/200 From Boston is NOT TRUE. Remember about the media reports I told you all that you would be hearing.

Bako had me scared for a second there. I thought I had missed something. All the disinformation is making my head swim. I mean from the media, not you Bako.

Archived