Gunnar Henderson 2022

Just Regular

Houston is closer than Baltimore for Gunnar's family, it really is the family-friendly thing to do.

Let him see Verlander and Bieber sooner rather than later.    It could even help him delight the OPACY faithful against Oakland pitching.

HOU-CLE roadtrip tough, but the 12 that follow that don't look too bad.

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

Houston is closer than Baltimore for Gunnar's family, it really is the family-friendly thing to do.

Let him see Verlander and Bieber sooner rather than later.    It could even help him delight the OPACY faithful against Oakland pitching.

HOU-CLE roadtrip tough, but the 12 that follow that don't look too bad.

I guess if it saves the O's the cost of a few plane tickets....

Pregame show included interview with Elias in a Houston dugout with the gaggle, saying "We'll have to see what happens.".

But Elias with the team in Houston today, fwiw.

Asked about the thinking in moving him to right side, Elias went to the versatility default.   Said 10-15 year career likely to be on left side, but mentioned current composition of Orioles roster and right-handed first baseman part of the short-term choice.

Edited by Just Regular
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Gunnar plays SS tonight.  After listening to Elias today I am not 100% convinced they are going to call him up.  I think if he goes on a heater at the plate then maybe but he did mention he is striking out too much.  He had 2 today.

Elias has a plan. What is it? Who knows, but he knows when and if Gunnar is coming up this year. 

I do agree with you that it doesn’t seem as certain most of us thought it was that he was coming up.  If he isn’t up tomorrow I’ll be a lot less confident it happens this year. 

27 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Gunna has been scuffling a bit at the plate lately. He is striking out a good amount. If they bring him up it’s fine, but I think the idea that he’s overmatching triple-A isn’t a reality.

I don't know much about Gunnar.  I do remember watching him last summer while playing for Aberdeen.  I wasn't impressed, as he struck out an extraordinary amount of times.  He then progressed rapidly through AA and AAA in just one year, so I'm afraid they may be rushing him a bit, although he currently has decent stats in AAA.

51 minutes ago, Beeracuda said:

I don't know much about Gunnar.  I do remember watching him last summer while playing for Aberdeen.  I wasn't impressed, as he struck out an extraordinary amount of times.  He then progressed rapidly through AA and AAA in just one year, so I'm afraid they may be rushing him a bit, although he currently has decent stats in AAA.

Only decent?

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Gunnar seems to be slumping somewhat in Norfolk.  I wonder if the stat guys can figure out what is going on with him lately?  I think this is perhaps why Elias is holding off bringing him up.   He is not on a hot streak.   

He just hit a 107mph laser that CF made a fantastic play on.  A little bit of striking out, a little bit of bad luck, still has had 5 BBS this week while not putting up the hits. 

• Upvote 1