Impressive win.

Moose Milligan

Despite McKenna trying to single handedly lose this one....I think this has to be arguably the most impressive win of the year so far.  Battled right back, the bullpen came up huge.  

This is one of those games that....MAYBE...maybe you point to as a turning point for this team as they're building to the future.  I think the 2021 team would have folded like an old musty tent that had been sitting in the garage for a few years.  

• Upvote 4

So far this team is way more entertaining to watch than some of the previous insta-loss seasons.  I hope the other shoe doesn't drop, or if it does, not drop soon.  They've been in almost every game and really, short of being actually, realistically competitive, I'm not asking for much more.

• Upvote 2

The pitching is keeping us in games and giving us a chance to find a way to win.  That’s the huge difference between this season and last one so far.   The offense hasn’t been good but we’ve still been in almost every game.   

I was tired last night from staying up to watch on Friday, so I gave up after the top of the 6th last night and missed last night’s comeback.   Sorry I missed it!

I watched the whole game on replay this morning without knowing the score… quite a win. There were several times I was convinced it was over but the bullpen stuck it out, and Mountcastle came to the rescue (twice). Credit where it’s due to Watkins as well. Trout tagged him twice for solo shots, but he did really well with Ohtani and the rest of their line up for five very solid innings.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I watched the whole game.  Who is the club?  O's are now 5-4 in their last 9 games.

Well, hopefully this won’t be the only 9 game stretch in which they have a winning record.  Even losing teams should manage to do that several times a season.  But the consistently decent pitching is encouraging.  I am sure stretches of bad pitching will come, but if we can see significant improvement in that area this year it will be a much more enjoyable season than in 2021.