ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fact that the media outlets ran with something posted on a message board just because it was a journalist posting even though he specifically stated it was something he "heard" and didn't put it out there as fact, was bad enough, but then to bash him as being wrong, that's indefensible...

I just hope Roy doesn't feel any guilt or remorse for posting. I can't imagine living a life where I couldn't post here without the media running all over the place with it. Sometimes the fame has a lot of draw backs for folks. I wouldn't mind the money though.:laughlol:

If you are reading Roy... Keep posting, scr** those people who can't even get a quote right!

I've visited this board from time to time over the past few years, usually around the trading deadline and appreciate the passion you guys have for your team. I've been watching baseball for a long time and have always had respect for the Orioles franchise.

It looks like the Teixeira situation is drawing to a close and I read, with interest, the comments about the mutual attraction between the O's and Teixeira. I have felt, all along, that the Red Sox were going to sign Tex because he was the one piece they feel they are lacking to keep the offense performing at a top level. They have the resources and the need. Usually that means they close the deal.

I don't believe the Yankees are serious in their interest here. They are trying to drive the price up for the Red Sox. I don't see how the Nationals stand a chance because the Orioles presence negate any conceivable advantage (location?) that Washington might enjoy. The Angels seemed to be in the process of conditioning their fan base for the bad news that Tex is moving on. Their sudden fondness for Manny Ramirez seems to substantiate this.

I honestly believe that it's down to the Sox and O's. While it's pretty clear that the Red Sox have a much better chance of contending for a World Series Championship beginning this season, it doesn't appear that this is necessarily Tex's most important criteria for making the decision.

Again, I still feel confident that Tex will be wearing a Sox uniform this season, if that isn't to be, I truly hope he signs with the O's. You guys have stayed loyal while the organization gave you little in return for your support. As much as I'd hate Tex to play for another AL East team, I will definitely be happy for all of you.

An excellent and refreshing post. Thank you.

Archived