Adley, Hall to Aberdeen

Legend_Of_Joey

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I have never understood the idea of sending guys who have never been to the minors on a rehab assignment to a lower level, especially someone  who is about to be in the majors.

I wonder what the reasoning behind that is?

For the same reason major league players have spring training, and go on minor league rehab assignments. If you haven't played in a while you need to get your timing back, get back in a game environment etc...and those things are generally easier to do against an easier level of competition. 

13 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

If it goes according to plan,Adley will be up around May16th against the Yankees. 

you thinking a week in aberdeen, week in Bowie, week in Norfolk? I could see that...basically a spring training

Edited by seak05
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I have never understood the idea of sending guys who have never been to the minors on a rehab assignment to a lower level, especially someone  who is about to be in the majors.

I wonder what the reasoning behind that is?

Easier competition to get their feet wet again.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Easier competition to get their feet wet again.

I figured that would be the reason but really?  Just seems kind of weak to me but I guess it’s a proven method.  Just seems like, to me, that they just need at bats and get timing back.  

Anyway, not a real big deal but just figured he would be getting the at bats and getting his feet wet in Florida and then put him in Norfolk.