2022 Ongoing Lineup Thread

OsFanSinceThe80s

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The five through nine batters in today's lineup is really, really not good. If it's not the worst in team history it has to be among the bottom three. 

When you have Odor, Owings, Gutierrez, and McKenna to chose from, all time worst lineups are a regular thing.  Maybe the O's can bring Davis back to set the record.

The Orioles have five players with an OPS over .600. One of them is McKenna. Hard to make a lineup from that.

But as long as the Tides are over .500 (and just a game out of first) with a whole bunch of guys with OPSs over .700, everything's OK, right? Just don't stop thinkin' about tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Yet another game with Odor batting fifth and Trey getting a day off. 

Not a very impressive lineup to say the least, plus we have to face Eovaldi. Not a great combination.

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Lets hope Hyde has learned his lesson and doesn't put him in the outfield.

There are reasons not to want Mancini in the outfield, but I wouldn’t say he’s more likely to get hurt out there than any other outfielder.  Anyone can get banged up running into a wall.   That was actually a pretty nice play by Mancini.  

Just now, Frobby said:

There are reasons not to want Mancini in the outfield, but I wouldn’t say he’s more likely to get hurt out there than any other outfielder.  Anyone can get banged up running into a wall.   That was actually a pretty nice play by Mancini.  

Oh I know. 

I don't want him in the outfield since he's not an outfielder.

But this gives Hyde a good reason to stop running him out there.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Oh I know. 

I don't want him in the outfield since he's not an outfielder.

But this gives Hyde a good reason to stop running him out there.

And with the NL having the DH there’s no reason to showcase Mancini as being capable to play the outfield.

If a team ends up trading for Mancini it won’t have anything to do with his ability to play outfield defense or the lack thereof. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

And with the NL having the DH there’s no reason to showcase Mancini as being capable to play the outfield.

If a team ends up trading for Mancini it won’t have anything to do with his ability to play outfield defense or the lack thereof. 

Well, I’m not so sure.   In this era of full bullpens and short benches, it’s always good to have players who have experience at multiple positions, even if they’re not your best or second best option at some of those positions.   

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, I’m not so sure.   In this era of full bullpens and short benches, it’s always good to have players who have experience at multiple positions, even if they’re not your best or second best option at some of those positions.   

You can always send a Stevie Wilkerson out there if you have to.  I'd rather have him out there than Mancini.

28 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You can always send a Stevie Wilkerson out there if you have to.  I'd rather have him out there than Mancini.

I just WISH we had a guy on the bench the caliber of Stevie Wilkerson.