2022 Ongoing Lineup Thread

OsFanSinceThe80s

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

Probably the best possible lineup. No Aguilar and no Odor.

Hays and McKenna are a wash at this point. Would be fine with them in an L/R platoon role with McKenna pinch-hitting against a lefty reliever in the 7th or later, pinch running in the 7th or later (if Hays gets on against a righty reliever) or coming in defensively regardless by the 9th inning.

I'd rather see McKenna than Hays right now.  But you're right, no Aguilar and Odor so it's still good.

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

I expect if a lefty is on the mound for McKenna to hit for Stowers later in game. 

Stowers has had reverse splits at the minor league level each of the last two seasons. If just for defensive purposes, I could see McKenna replacing Stowers rather than Hays though.

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Stowers has had reverse splits at the minor league level each of the last two seasons. If just for defensive purposes, I could see McKenna replacing Stowers rather than Hays though.

Thing is he never starts vs LHP. 

I hope we have a lead late to see what happens.  

26 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Thing is he never starts vs LHP. 

I hope we have a lead late to see what happens.  

Yeah, they are making a bad decision when they sit him against lefties. Stowers should be starting every day. There is no reason to think he is worse than Hays or (especially) Aguilar against lefties and he should get the experience.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dtk9119 said:

Didn't Mullins get hit in the hand last night? Could be resting that with the off day tomorrow 

Yep.  That and the fact that he sucks against lefties this year while McKenna has hit them very well, made it a really easy decision for Hyde.

Is Toronto throwing Haitch?  If they are throwing a RHP, this should be the line up…

1. Mullins CF L

2. Adley C S

3. Gunnar 3B L (IT’S TIME)

4. Santander DH S

5. Mountcastle 1B R (Kills the Jays)

6. Urias 2B R

7. Stowers L RF

8. Hays R LF

9. Mateo R SS

Maybe ditch Stowers for Aguilar, and adjust the positions. Aguilar had some good ABs last night.