The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Schmuck's latest:

Maybe, as one poster on the blog just put it, I spoke too soon when I said all was eerily quiet on the Mark Teixeira front. Minutes after that post, BostonChannel.com -- the website for Boston TV station WCVB -- reported that Red Sox owners John Henry and his management team is in Texas negotiating with Scott Boras. The station is claiming that the deal would be eight years for $184 million.

Oh great! Both of those brain surgeons are saying the Sox! This was bound to happen, folks. Wishful thinking to have Tex come home, but let's be honest. Winning is what counts. 'We play to win the game'. And don't even start talking about dollars. Winning is what counts and the Orioles aren't winners. Put this money into player development, signing great quality draft picks like Matty Boy, scouting in foreign markets, etc. Tex would be nice, but we can do a lot more with $170 - $200m.

I think before everyone cries in there beer, everyone should take a step back. There is alot of things that happen in a negotiation. Media reports are always going to be out there. Team personal usually do have face to face meetiings with said player and agent. We have!!!!! Until you hear that Tex has signed somewhere, don't get to down.

Archived