The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Belkast has said, if we add Teixeira, we become players again. Free agents, err... *quality* free agents will give us a look once more and the fans of this team will actually have a reason to watch them on television and go to the yard.

If we don't sign Teixeira... well, all I can say is that I hope another Price and Longoria come along in the draft, because if not, it's going be years, if not decades, before we're a respectable franchise again.

There is some sort of tampering rule in there somewhere. The Yankees are going through it right now concerning a phone call that Damon made to Burnett...

Tampering doesn't apply to FAs. The Yankees supposedly expressed interest in Burnett while he was still in Toronto. That is tampering.

Does fexibility equal the right to last offer?

I know your nickname and number are in reference to Rick Dempsey (which mine is MY nickname due to my last name and favorite number), but BOY I hope people don't get the two of us confused! :o

Back to Tex, I sure hope this gets done soon, because you all can now officially lump me into the group of men whose wife/girlfriend want them "back." :rolleyestf:

Really? I don't remember that. I'm gonna do some digging.

I think I've found what I was thinking of. Unfortunately you have to pay if you want more than the article abstract, but you get this much at least, pretty sure he had some more specific comments in the rest of the article:

The Orioles assigned Gregg Zaun to the Florida Marlins yesterday, completing the trade for pitcher Terry Mathews. But Zaun did not go quietly, saying that he believes he was lied to and that some of his former veteran teammates did nothing to help young players.

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/baltsun/access/49517013.html?dids=49517013:49517013&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Aug+24%2C+1996&author=Buster+Olney&pub=The+Sun&desc=Zaun+says+team+lied+to+him%3B+rips+veterans%2C+too%3B+Catcher+traded+to+Marlins+says+he+didn%27t+get+fair+shot

Oh belkast you sly boots.

Native Americans have legends of Belkast outwitting trickster coyotes with his byzantine wordplay and teases that would make Bettie Page blush.

Why don't you tell us where you think he is, Tex is still in the area right, I assume he would be flying back here anyway to meet with him.

Boras is on his way down to my neck of the woods. We're going out to a free pour event at a local Gentlemens Club and when I'm done with him tonight (including certain pictures) he'll pay us to have Tex play in Baltimore.

Which place? Can I come up for the party?

Archived