Pie for Christmas?

Jdan14

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cubs/1334574,CST-SPT-cub17.article

What are the chances the Orioles go after Pie? It seems the Cubs have given up on him, he could be relatively cheap. I think he would make our OF awesome.

Can we quit with the Pie threads already....There are plenty of threads about the Cubs & Pie.

Pie is a scrap heap guy now. The Orioles are better off keeping Reimold & Montanez if they deal Scott. If they keep Scott there is definately no room. Especially if you count Freel.

Guy K's way too much ...Hits for too little power for LF & his SB/CS ratios are awful. Great to be enamored for his defense. But do we really want a Stone clone playing for us again???

Can we quit with the Pie threads already....There are plenty of threads about the Cubs & Pie.

Pie is a scrap heap guy now. The Orioles are better off keeping Reimold & Montanez if they deal Scott. If they keep Scott there is definately no room. Especially if you count Freel.

Guy K's way too much ...Hits for too little power for LF & his SB/CS ratios are awful. Great to be enamored for his defense. But do we really want a Stone clone playing for us again???

I think you are way off base. First off, his SB/CS is good. He has only attempted 12 stolen bases but has only been caught once. There is nothing wrong with that. He has not been given a full time opportunity. What do we have to lose? Let's package something where Pie isn't the center piece. I think that would be a very safe move for the Orioles to make with a lot of possible upside.

Roberts definitely makes their team a lot better. If we could get Pie and Vitters? Or Ceda?

Only problem is they dont have enough to get Roberts. Why would you trade Roberts for the list of retreads that they are trying to dump.

Vitters is the best & only good prospect they have left.

Cedeno & Pie are guys they've been trying to dump.

Ceda looks ok but not the #2 piece in a Roberts deal.

Ceda was traded to the Marlins.

Roberts+Scott for

Vitters, Pie, Hill, Marquis?

Honestly, im staying away from the Cubs organization.

Vitters is too raw for me, he is only 18. I realize he is a good prospect, but I want more of a sure thing.

The only reason the Peavy trade was not completed was because the Cubs didn't have much to offer.

I think you are way off base. First off, his SB/CS is good. He has only attempted 12 stolen bases but has only been caught once. There is nothing wrong with that. He has not been given a full time opportunity. What do we have to lose? Let's package something where Pie isn't the center piece. I think that would be a very safe move for the Orioles to make with a lot of possible upside.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/P/felix-pie.shtml

For his professional career he is 129 SB & 73 CS....I am looking at the big picture not just a few attempts in the majors. He simply doesn't hit well enough power wise to play LF.

Archived