Felix Bautista 2022

Aristotelian

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Like the whistle.   The light show is a bit over the top for my taste.  

I was always a tradition, old school, by the book guy, but I also loved flare and enthusiasm.  It can be infectious.  Now I look at the kids and try to view it from their perspective.  My 10 yo & 7 yo were on the edge of their seat.  It’s entertainment at the end if the day.  With all that said, you still have to respect the game and put it all on the line when the lights turn on.   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Yeah. This will become a thing for sure when they fill the park.

Well, after today, they are gone for a week.  They have a day game on Thursday vs the Cubs.  But if they are still winning, that weekend series vs Boston could be pretty amazing.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Like the whistle.   The light show is a bit over the top for my taste.  

It’s gonna feel silly when he’s going through a rough stretch and he had just blown a couple saves in a row and we’re not all so confident he’s gonna be lights out. It’s cool when he’s doing well though 

1 hour ago, oriole said:

It’s gonna feel silly when he’s going through a rough stretch and he had just blown a couple saves in a row and we’re not all so confident he’s gonna be lights out. It’s cool when he’s doing well though 

That's always the risk with a big intro. But whenever he's struggling, you just bring the stadium lights back up to half strength after the light show and have the batters squinting a bit to see the ball. Maybe quietly release some dry ice while the lights are down too. "Baltimore fog, what are you going to do?"  😉

3 hours ago, pdiddy said:

I love it.

Always loved Trevor Hoffman’s 

What’s the music after the whistle? Can’t tell.

It’s hard to really tell in that video with the fans cheering but it sounds like O Fortuna. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=o+fortuna&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS925US925&oq=o+f&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0i67i131i433j69i60l3.5297j0j7&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:b5503e30,vid:GXFSK0ogeg4,st:0

• Upvote 1