Teixeira Watch: Part VII- Owner Says Sox Are Out

adjones10

Why does this board have so many Nats fans? I don't get it. I guess if there's one thing that could jumpstart a "rivalry", it's Tex.

No kidding. I assume there are Nats message boards out there somewhere where they can congregate.

I was about to start a tangent about Nats fans, but that is another discussion for another time.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is the way I am thinking. I don't believe he is going to the Angels due to the fact he wants to play on the East Coast. I think the Sox are really out of it. That comes down to the Nats and us. With Tex saying before he cares about winning, I think that takes the Nats out of the picture. That brings it back to us. Tex has stated he wants to be here. I think he is an Oriole as early as today, no later then Sunday. That's my opinion. Of course it doesn't hurt, that I have been hearing positive things all along. Again, guarded optimism due to being burned before. However everything that has happened so far has been pretty much in line with the information that I have heard. We'll see........

I hate to be a downer but if we believe Tex cares most about winning doesn't that take us out of the picture? Why are we, the not-so proud owner of 11 straight losing seasons, taking any other team out of the picture if the issue is winning.

No kidding. I assume there are Nats message boards out there somewhere where they can congregate.

there are. and we do.

honestly, it's really only me over here right now from what I can tell. Nats fans aren't invading your board or anything. I just came to hang out and see what you guys are thinking about all this hoopla. *shrug*

Heyman says the Sox are still in the bidding, just taking a break:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/jon_heyman/12/19/red.sox.teixeira/index.html?eref=writers

I'm getting completely sick of this you know what now, just let him sign with Boston for Pete's sake. Let him sign with anyone, just sign damn it!!!!!

Getting ridiculous? Do you mean that it wasn't already?

You don't think being the player that started a winning tradition in Washington would go down as legendary (that is if he went to the nats and had success). He could be their first HOFer...
Harmon Killebrew...oh wait, they moved.

He could be the first HOF'er to where a Nats hat, but not their first overall. The Nats came from the Montreal Expos, Gary Carter is already in the HOF (inducted in 2003).

Heyman says the Sox are still in the bidding, just taking a break:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/jon_heyman/12/19/red.sox.teixeira/index.html?eref=writers

I'm getting completely sick of this you know what now, just let him sign with Boston for Pete's sake. Let him sign with anyone, just sign damn it!!!!!

Don't put much stock in what Heyman says.

We have the number 1 and 2 prospects from the AFL who are two top FIVE minor league prospects that will be up here within the year.

The Nats system is populated mostly with B-, C+ guys a lot of average.

I watched Zimmerman v Arrieta last year at Fredrick....you can check the results yourself, but let me just say that the scouts I was sitting with behind the screen were talking about Mr. Zimmerman a lot more than Arrieta...He is very very very good.

I watched Zimmerman v Arrieta last year at Fredrick....you can check the results yourself, but let me just say that the scouts I was sitting with behind the screen were talking about Mr. Zimmerman a lot more than Arrieta...He is very very very good.

You do know we have more than Arrieta we have Tillman and Mastuz..

Ehhhh.... ok, guy. But he'll be "a big name free agent" in DC. In Baltimore, he'll be "the prodigal son who helped return the Orioles to pride and respect". Big difference. Every time this guy hits back to back home runs behind Markakis, Camden Yards, people will go absolutely beserk. :D

I agree, and I hope we get him!!:)

Archived