Teixeira Watch: Part VII- Owner Says Sox Are Out

adjones10

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's old news, at least in comparison to the rollercoaster of the past day.

Which is the reasoning behind the question marks at the end of the two sentences. ;)

I wasn't sure if it was new news or not. At this point I really can't remember what day it is. :laughlol:

In my very humble opinion, after spending the last hour or so searching the net for stories regarding Tex rumors, that it has to be between the Angels and Us. Dependent on the fact that the Red Sox being out of it is true. I just can't wrap my mind around the Nats actually being able to land this guy. As for the Yankees...it just wouldn't make sense in regards to whats been said on here already. (Why would the Sox walk away from a FA battle with the Yanks, how much can the Yanks really drop on FA's this offseason, etc. etc.) Basically, I believe it's down the the Halos and the Birds! That however is just an opinion.

But what if this was the plan all along?

I believe Sonny and Belkast both said they heard figures that may be 9/200, and Sonny said that might be a little low.

So, Tex tells Boras he wants to be an Oriole. So, Boras keeps the O's "WoW" offer hush hush. That way, if it gets topped, they can ask the O's to make a final bid, and if it isn't, then Tex doesn't have to explain or face taking less money to go to the Orioles.

That could explain what MacPhail said, and explain why he hasn't heard back from Boras yet on a final answe.

Am I reaching here?

I believe Sonny and Belkast both said they heard figures that may be 9/200, and Sonny said that might be a little low.

So, Tex tells Boras he wants to be an Oriole. So, Boras keeps the O's "WoW" offer hush hush. That way, if it gets topped, they can ask the O's to make a final bid, and if it isn't, then Tex doesn't have to explain or face taking less money to go to the Orioles.

That could explain what MacPhail said, and explain why he hasn't heard back from Boras yet on a final answe.

Am I reaching here?

With way things are happening anything is possible. :eektf:

Am I reaching here?

Makes perfect sense to me. The "flexible" comment could have meant. "We already have the top offer and we know it. If something credible comes back and it is higher, we could always go up. That said we are not going to bid against ourselves."

Wat??

OK.

The idea behind a thought experiment is to actually do the experiment.

Roy Halladay

C.C. Sabathia

John Lackey

Josh Beckett

Daisuke Matsuzaka

Jon Lester

Cliff Lee

Scott Kazmir

Matt Garza

James Shields

David Price

John Danks

Zack Grienke

Ervin Santana

Francisco Liriano

Justin Verlander

Joakim Soria (if he's converted to a starter)

Felix Hernandez

Are all SIGNIFICANTLY better pitchers than Burnett.

I think Duchscherer, Guthrie, Slowey, and Baker all could be better than him as well. If Sheets signs with an AL team, you add him to the list above.

Sorry, you're way wrong.

Archived