Adley is in the Show!

Sports Guy

Adley just gave the most cliche riddled post game interview I have ever seen. Straight from the Crash Davis/Nuke LaLoosh book of how to talk to the media. Cliff Floyd asked him a question about the atmosphere of the stadium and he took the answer in a completely different direction about how the guys show up and work hard and play for each other. It was hilarious. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Adley just gave the most cliche riddled post game interview I have ever seen. Straight from the Crash Davis/Nuke LaLoosh book of how to talk to the media. Cliff Floyd asked him a question about the atmosphere of the stadium and he took the answer in a completely different direction about how the guys show up and work hard and play for each other. It was hilarious. 

I wondered if anyone else saw that and laughed a little at all the cliche's, as I did.

15 hours ago, interloper said:

So, it's time to start wondering what's going on with Adley's throws. Physical issue? Mechanical? Mental?

Couldn't watch the game today.  The one from the 9th yesterday looked like he changed his mind and tried to hold the throw at the last moment, but was to far along and still released it.

The other bad throws in the last few games?  I have no idea what's up there.

I just love the rapport Adley’s building with the pitchers.   Perez really digs the post-inning greetings.   And Adley and Lopez should practically go get a room!  You can tell Adley’s confidence is rubbing off on the pitchers.   Also, he’s very still behind the plate and his framing is getting better by the day.  

I do wonder if his triceps still bothers him.  His throws are pretty scattershot. 

This bit from an interview with John Means a few days ago was interesting:

There’s a popular belief in the clubhouse and in some sections of the industry that the Orioles are turning the corner in their rebuild. With the talent they’ve accumulated at the major league level, including the promotion of top prospect Adley Rutschman, and the prospects who are on deck.

“We were playing well before Adley, but when Adley came up, it wasn’t just his talent that made a difference. It was, ‘Oh, now it’s time to win. He’s called up, this is the starting point. Here we go,’” Means said.

“I think it just subconsciously flipped for everybody, like, we’re doing it now.”

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/means

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, baltfan said:

I know there has been talk about Adley’s throws, I would also note that base runners are 13/15 against him.  Love the dude but this is a bit of a concern. 

Just for reference too, during his time in the minors this season, runners were 11/14 against him.

Last season, they were 52/72 against him.

• Upvote 1