Sunday afternoon in Fenway Park

SteveA

15 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Let's dig deeper for some optimism. His ERA through the first seven starts was a fine 2.72. Then he had his already 3rd and 4th starts of the young season (out of nine total) against the Yankees. Even then, he gave up just one walk/13 hits in 11.33 innings; all five Yankee homers were solo shots. He's given us 5 innings twice and 6 or more three times in the last five starts. Today may well turn out to be his worst start, but I think it's way too early to expect a regression to last year.

I'm hoping that today is just an aberration.  Zimmerman was the one starting pitcher I thought the O's had "found" this year. 

7 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I've noticed long pauses from him before. Not sure if it's for effect or that he's truly speechless at times and just prefers the silence tell the story. 

No, I mean I literally can barely hear his audio, and Geoff Arnold's isn't much better.  The ambient crowd noise is drowning both of them out.  Seems like someone on the broadcast isn't balancing it correctly.

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm hoping that today is just an aberration.  Zimmerman was the one starting pitcher I thought the O's had "found" this year. 

Game of constant mutual adjustment. We shall see.

3 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

No, I mean I literally can barely hear his audio, and Geoff Arnold's isn't much better.  The ambient crowd noise is drowning both of them out.  Seems like someone on the broadcast isn't balancing it correctly.

Where's the Apple engineer?

2 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

MASN probably has the guy who is supposed to be doing that doing like 3 other jobs.  Or maybe they got rid of him in a cost cutting move.  Apple TV was an eye opening experience on just how bad MASN is.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

I am probably the outlier, but I have my MLB-TV feed of MASN (on my Mac into my HDTV screen) going through my stereo system and I have small Sony shelf speakers about a foot behind me, four feet to the left and right. I run all of this through a Mackie PA mixer and I can gently raise and lower the volume with faders as needed. As of right now, I don't have my hearing aids (I'm a hearing damaged musician) in and I still have no trouble hearing him. When I do have them in, I have the high end frequencies boosted. I just wonder if it's where your TV or device speakers are in relation to your ears. Admittedly, my setup is a hillbilly makeshift home entertainment center using what spare parts I have from my leftover band gear. But it works very well for my needs. 

Edited to add: Palmer does seem to be much more soft spoken in recent times. His voice is a more low midrange frequency than the play by play guy. When there is crowd noise, I noticed he tends to speak a little louder. I wonder if he has vocal cord issues or perhaps it's just how a guy in his 70s sounds after 40 years of broadcasting ...

Just now, Morgan423 said:

What did I miss?  They gave the runner third, but the ball didn't leave play.  Not sure what just happened there.

The ball got stuck under the padding on the throw from Odor and for some unknown reason they awarded Vazquez 3rd base.

9 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I am probably the outlier, but I have my MLB-TV feed of MASN (on my Mac into my HDTV screen) going through my stereo system and I have small Sony shelf speakers about a foot behind me, four feet to the left and right. I run all of this through a Mackie PA mixer and I can gently raise and lower the volume with faders as needed. As of right now, I don't have my hearing aids (I'm a hearing damaged musician) in and I still have no trouble hearing him. When I do have them in, I have the high end frequencies boosted. I just wonder if it's where your TV or device speakers are in relation to your ears. 

I'll check my cords and stuff.  Nothing in my set up moved, but maybe a cable is loose.

• Upvote 1