06/01/22 Roster Moves: Denyi Reyes called up and Lowther back to Norfolk

OsFanSinceThe80s

I don’t think people realize how little pitching we have in the minors other than the guys currently on the 40 man. There is no pitching pipeline. This is it. We draft hitting. 

What we should do is take this most recent group of failed starters and convert them to full time relievers now before they are out of options. SP is going to have to come from outside the org and our relief depth isn’t that great either.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don’t think people realize how little pitching we have in the minors other than the guys currently on the 40 man. There is no pitching pipeline. This is it. We draft hitting. 

What we should do is take this most recent group of failed starters and convert them to full time relievers now before they are out of options. SP is going to have to come from outside the org and our relief depth isn’t that great either.  

Thank you!!! And a chance Hall is a reliever. Lacy over Kerjstad but I digress. 

22 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I'm aware and why it's really important that Grayson Rodriguez makes it as a starter. I'd say the same about DL Hall, but with his injury history there's a chance he might end up a bullpen arm. 

34 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is also why the O's have to give every potential starter multiple chances.  It's sad that a 2022 starter is only expected to go 5 or sometimes 4 innings but the O's are still struggling to find pitchers who can fill these spots.

• Upvote 1